1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art or arrogance?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Nope - not there yet. ;-)

3. Damien_Demolder

Try it again

4. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Is this going to be a regular thing?

All works now, hence the edit! :)

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

It's there :)

Although you missed the names off the peoples photos ;) ;) ;)

6. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Seems to be working OK now! :cool:

BigWill

7. Damien_Demolder

Of course I have. You're not voting for the people but the pictures. I'll tell you who they are when we close the poll.

damien

8. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I know - It was a joke.

I think I've give up the jokes and stick to annoying people instead. I'm better at that ;)

9. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I've given up - plenty of adverts made it to my monitor, but no pictures after waiting around 30 seconds. Sorry, life's too short.

10. parisian

parisian Well-Known Member

Well they reached as far as Anglesey and there can only be one winner from that lot surely? A whole world of hurt and character in that face.

11. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

You think your jokes don't annoy us? [​IMG]

12. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Then I shall carry on with them :)

Thankyou Ian :D :D :D

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well I must admit I was torn between two of the images, so not a foregone conclusion from my POV. Having said that, if I had to make the choice on another occasion, I feel fairly sure that I would choose the same way again, and for the same reasons.

14. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

To be brutally honest, none of them inspired me and I voted for the one which irked me the least.

I felt that I should liked the b/w group shot the most, but something about the composition doesn't sit right. The abstract twigs shot looks like a GSCE Art project and the shot of the tower blocks, well I coud see no photographic value to it whatsoever (and I know that it's the one from the Börse winner)

So there you go, the shot of the canal got my vote because it was inoffensive.

15. Damien_Demolder

I knew I could rely on you for an opinion. You're great NN.

damien

16. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I aim to please!! So, when Roger Hicks runs out of steam I'll be expecting your call then?? :D :D :D

17. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

We grit our teeth in anticipation! [​IMG]

18. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

Of the four the canal shot (A) is the only one I'd hang on my wall at home; the one of the twigs (D) I could see in an office; picture (C) needs to be in context to have meaning, the subject is too central and looking out of the frame; picture (B) does nothing for me, as a war zone picture it conveys nothing of the horror of war, there have been too many similar images for this to have impact.

19. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

It's surprising how many of you are getting the wrong answer! [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Picture A is something I might have taken,
    Picture B looks like it was taken through a dirty window.
    Picture C seems to be trying to tell me something but not clearly enough to get the message.
    Picture D looks like something I might take to check AF performance or is it a test strip? Can't really tell but I wouldn't have bothered printing it.