1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARPS success!

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lm1, Oct 22, 2017.

1. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Thanks RM
    I've not looked into F at all so assumed you were suggested v unusual would be a negative! I was planning to head along to an advisory day at some point, so will get some guidance as to whether its worth pursuing...

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Advisory days are well worth the effort, the RPS do have a members on hand at the Photography show which is held in Birmingham once a year, other than that, make sure you get your advice off the right people.......oh by the way I got my A in pictorial photography, and my F in Applied photography three years afterwards, standards are very different now to what they was then! I have often thought about doing the F again but thats as far as its got......

3. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Wow that's impressive - Applied and Natural History always look to me to be the most challenging!!! As for going for it again...glutton for punishment??! :confused:;)

IvorCamera likes this.
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Similar, I got my A in Visual Art and F in Travel 3 years later.
    Just recently I fancied taking it all a bit seriously again (I have been getting very sloppy and easily pleased for some years) and starting to think about working for an F in Fine Art or Applied just to wake myself up. The three ideas I discussed so far with F judge friends got a very firm thumbs down (so much for old pals eh?), but I didn't really have my head around those categories, so it was really orientation.
    Really the only opinions that matter (for F) are the actual judges. Very few others can advise accurately and even judges can do little more than say what probably won't make it until you surprise them and extract a "Wow I wish I'd done that" from them.
    I believe them when they say standards have risen like the side of a barn since digital.