1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARPS success!

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lm1, Oct 22, 2017.

1. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I've finally managed to achieve my ARPS (third attempt!) and as with my LRPS this forum has been invaluable in providing honest and constructive feedback to help me to continue to improve.
    Special thanks to Kate who inspired one of the shots!
    Here's my panel hanging plan and my 'owed to Kate'...originally submitted within their creative photography category, but it took me so long to achieve it, the category was redefined and it was submitted within Fine Art.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Congrats!

lm1 likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Aw! Well done you! So glad you got there. They look good. :)

Kate

lm1 likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Interesting pics, too.

Cheers,

R.

lm1 likes this.
  5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Great stuff. Very well done.

lm1 likes this.
  6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Very well done.

lm1 likes this.
  7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Brilliant :cool:

lm1 likes this.
  8. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Superb. Congratulations. Will have a proper look at the images when I get back to my desktop.

lm1 likes this.
  9. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

That's brilliant'. I only tried the AIPF (Irish Equivalent) once and failed 3 years ago. Haven't had the time (or images) to try again since.

I envy you - well done.

Adrian

lm1 likes this.
  10. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Brilliant.......A very big well done from me!...... the FRPS is only just around the corner............I really do like your selection, once again well done.....

lm1 likes this.
  11. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for all the positive messages! Think i'll wait a wee while before I attempt FRPS Ivor! (though I do have a concept in mind...)
    Adrian, definitely don't give up. I do remember you sharing a few of your lovely Westie pics when you were putting your panel together...and as for not having the images to try again..."animal portraits on black"?!

AdrianSadlier and Geren like this.
  12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Excellent - well done Lucie!

13. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

It had crossed my mind. But I only have about 6 acceptable images so far. I will need 25 - 30 for a panel.

So all I need is time. Of which there is not enough. But with some focus it may be possible. Plus, I have 6 years of images to tidy up yet. Perhaps there will be a few nuggets in there to mine.......

Again, my congratulations on your success. I have some idea of what is involved in achieving that distinction. And it is well deserved.

14. RovingMike

Did you get a view on F potential of what you did for A? Seems to me in the Fine Art category to be very original.

15. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Nice work :) Congratulations!

lm1 likes this.
  16. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Very well done.

lm1 likes this.
  17. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

QUOTE, Thanks so much for all the positive messages! Think i'll wait a wee while before I attempt FRPS Ivor!
    Good for you, I started afresh and it took another two and a half years to get my FRPS panel together, but it was well worth the wait. And I really enjoyed the challenge, it was a great achievement and one off my highlights of doing something with my picture's.....but it was a long time ago!

lm1 likes this.
  18. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

A well deserved success. Those look they they took a lot of work to put together. Well done!

:cool::cool::cool:

lm1 likes this.
  19. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I was a bit concerned when the Creative Photography category was 'absorbed' within Fine Art as I suspect my panel is a tab unusual! My FRPS idea is in a totally different direction. I posted a shot a while back inspired by the work of Antonio Mora...I'm thinking about a panel along these lines...

[​IMG]

20. RovingMike

Looks good to me, but do get a view on it before you go too far. But unusual is a fundamental requirement at F, especially in Fine Art. Anything that smacks of normal or seen it before is going to get a thumbs down, no matter how good it might be.