1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arles 2014

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Roger Hicks, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Who else is going to be there? This year it's the second week in July: starts on the 7th.

Vernissage (first night) for our exhibition, War in the Time of Flowers, Tuesday July 8th 5 pm to 7 pm, La Caverne d'Ali Baba, 50 rue 4 Septembre/17 rue des Grilles (closed Mondays). Pictures hand-coloured by Frances; mostly hers, about 1/3 mine. With (welcome) support from Amateur Photographer magazine and Ilford Photo/Harman. You're invited! Orange juice for non-drinkers!

Cheers,

R.

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Would love to, but funds and freedom won't allow.

Maybe next year... hopefully :)

3. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Nor, sadly, am I able to attend, and what a wonderfully named location it is

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I would really like to come but it clashes with several family celebrations, including our own Golden wedding party so that week is pre-booked, sorry.

5. jeff1945

jeff1945 In the Stop Bath

What is Arles 2014 other than a French place?

6. Roger Hicks

Dear Roger,

No excuses next year, then! But seriously, congratulations. In 10 days time Frances and I will have been married 32 years, after meeting on May 14th 1981 and being married a little over a year later.

We always say that we had to get married, but not for the usual reason. Both UK and US immigration authorities are basically vicious, arrogant swine. No, that's unfair to vicious,arrogant swine. After we'd been married 12 years we had to prove, on moving back to the UK from California, that it wasn't a marriage of convenience... Before that, after we'd been married 6 years, they treated me as a 3rd world economic migrant in 1987 when we moved to California after 5 years' marriage.

And everyone else too: really, try to make it to Arles next year! It really is incredible.

Cheers,

R.

7. Roger Hicks

Dear Jeff,

Biggest annual gathering of fine art photographers in the world. Between 150 and 250 exhibitions in the opening week, often with free vernissages (generously lubricated opening night parties). Google it or go to http://www.rogerandfrances.com/subscription/photo school index.html and go to the various Arles reports (look under "Arles").

Cheers,

R.

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

One of my dreams, Roger, along with Visa at Perpignan :)

Cheers,

Jack