1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Germans perfectionists?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Jürgen Warschun, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jürgen Warschun

Jürgen Warschun Well-Known Member

2. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Don't tell him Pike!

3. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

If my limited linguistic skills serve me, I think the title of the 2nd one could suggest that the curved horizon is a major artistic component of the image, possibly even deliberately introduced.

The first one, however...! Someone got carried away with the cloning tool?
  4. hech54

hech54 Well-Known Member

The first picture is labeled wrong...that's obviously somewhere on the coast of Japan about a year ago.
  5. 0lybacker

0lybacker Well-Known Member

Not always, but I leica it when they are! ;):)
  6. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Or Googles linguistic skills.
    Technically, of course, is bungled the power of three. Note the horizon. As you can see the stitching errors quite extreme. The image comes from the app as a 5392x800 pixel panorama. So it's not nearly as great as if it had been taken with a DSLR.

But it's kinda funny, like the iPhone with this app makes the Pano. Here, the app is measured with the gyro in iPhone4 how far you rotate the phone and then makes the new image automatically at the right moment. So you start simply and then rotate the phone in such a way as if you were filming.
    Well located next to a road accessible and quite photogenic, it is worthwhile to put on a clear day in the middle and trying to landscape the surrounding area other trademarks and stone monuments identify.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012