1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are "Custom Bellows" still in operation?

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by Terrywoodenpic, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if "Custom bellows" is still operational?
    I have sent them an email and got no reply.
    And their phone number does not work.
    If they have closed down does any one know of an alternative Bellows maker.?

2. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Thanks every one ...they came back to me via an iphone, and my old bellows are now on their merry way to them. It is possible to get some cheaper ones made in Hong Kong, but not by much after carriage and duty and vat is paid. But I doubt they are as well made as by #Custom Bellows.
    It would be a sad day if they went out of business, as there must be thousands of bellows cameras out there that are now perished or nearly so. It is a skill that will be needed to keep traditional large format photography and many medium and 35mm cameras alive.

While it is possible to do it your self job, they rarely if ever are as good or as professional

4. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I would be interested in knowing how you get on with them .
    I have quite a few folding cameras , 35mm , 120 and 5" x 4" .
    Not all have had film in yet , so i don't know if they have light leaks yet . Some of them I will restore if need-be with a new bellows .