1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APS scanning

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by cliveva, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Michael Newman

Michael Newman New Member

Well the great thing about scanning them is that you can evaluate whether your editor (PS, LR, etc) can make the images look nice.
    I also found some APS films seemed a bit on the dark side as scanned, but easy enough to standardise them a bit.
    APS-12.jpg
    Here's one I did earlier, in 2001; Minolta Vectis 300 I think, or it might have been a Canon Ixus. Both pocket sized cameras, one zoom and the other not.
    It was scanned at 4256x2517 on my Nikon LS-4000 but that was overkill as a 100% view is a bit blurry! However they print quite nicely up to A5 or even A4 if you leave the print on the far side of the room.
    One of this winter's projects is to catalogue the APS films that I scanned a few years ago (who, what, where, when, why, whatever) and I'd like to find some software that aids keywording since Lightroom makes it all a bit laborious. Perhaps that's worth looking for in another forum or posting a suitable question.

Thanks, Mike

spinno likes this.