1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April, 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of April 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of April 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Can't believe I'm the first to post one! Not only that but I've also actually hosted it in the first view gallery.

[​IMG]

Most of the spare day is taken up with letting her out and back in and since today's weather is relatively good, she's in and out like... a cat tends to be!
    Also shot as a bit of a test of the OS. 1/160th at 500mm on a 1.5x crop - seems to work!

3. peterf

peterf Well-Known Member

What else to do on a very wet and cold day!

[​IMG]

4. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

FV April 2010 - DJ TFC...

[​IMG]

Sorting through the old vinyl for a DJ gig I've foolishly talked me sen into a week Saturday.

It's for a reunion of a club I used to go to. To keep it all contemporary everything post 1982 has to be pulled and anything that doesn't fit the profile of what was played back in the day (Post-Punk/New Romantic/New Wave/Electro/Ska Revival).

This is just one box, there's more 7" and the 12" & LPs to go yet...

Date & Time: 01/04/2010 PM
    Camera: The Nipper's Pentax E-75

5. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Taking a Dump...

...er through the woods.

[​IMG]

14:40, 1 April 2010, Brockholes Nature Reserve, Preston

6. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

"Underlying Depression". Van Morrison.
    The Sussex Coastal Towns are full of fine buildings just rotting away. What a terrible shame. [​IMG]

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

A day at the computer

[​IMG]

1st of April, 2010; 15;54. At my desk, at home in Dorset.

8. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

The Milestone

[​IMG]

After 3 months of exercise and healthy eating (I wouldn't call it a diet!) My weight has dropped from 14 stone to 13 stone [​IMG] I feel much better for it too... and I can see the scales over the belly [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Longun

Longun Well-Known Member

Poker Anyone?

Expecting some friends round for the evenving. Guess what we'll be doing!!! Snapped with the iPhone as it was in my hand, and tweeked a bit in PS. Although It has got me thinking about this months comp :D

[​IMG]

10. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

happy easter

well a mini one
    1/4/2010 11:05

[​IMG]

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Desk Shot

[​IMG]

Not left the house today, so here is a desk shot that reflects me lack of energy.

12. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

An education in beer...:)

[​IMG]

I have discoverd ales, and Him Indoors is furthering my education. :)

My kitchen, about 10pm, Nikon D70. :D

13. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Re: An education in beer...:)

It's colourful, so colourful that despite being taken on only a 3.2MPix camera the file size at 600 x 600 was over 200k so too large for posting on this forum! I've had to reduce it to approx 330 x 300 at which its file size has reduced dramatically to about 20k !!!
    Taken in my kitchen (in Surrey Heath) this evening on a Canon Ixus II bought refurbished from a certain internet auction site for under £20 last month. I seem to recall one of AP's staffers buying the same model of camera in a sub £50 challenge some months back
    [​IMG]

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

April Showers

[​IMG]

Just seemed to sum up this afternoon's weather.

15. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

April, 2010 - FirstView - Organised Chaos

ah the joys of moving house..... although ive had a bit too much fun with the bubble wrap :eek: :D

[​IMG]

16. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Seedlings

[​IMG]

Waiting for the ground to dry out and warm up before planting these petunia, parsnip and leek seedlings.

Canon 450D Sigma 10-20 mm

17. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Battersea Power Station - From the train.

[​IMG]

Battersea Power Station, a quick shot through the train window as I travelled into Victoria for a 1PM meeting.
    Canon G11 about 12.30 1st April 2010.

18. Taryn

Taryn Well-Known Member

Took this when walking through my local park yesterday.....it actually stopped raining long enough to get a few shots in. :D

[​IMG]

19. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Not a very bright day today, but interesting watching the herons nesting and feeding their chicks.

[​IMG]

20. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

A quiet evening in...

[​IMG]

Ellie likes a comfortable place to sit :)

21:17 Nokia N95 8GB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.