1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April, 2010 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Mar 31, 2010.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the April 2010 picture thread.

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Wot, no comments yet ??? Has everyone else gone away for Easter?
    Oh well......
    I seem to recall that some months ago, AP ran a sub-£50 challenge film v digital and the latter was represented by a Canon Ixus II. When I saw a bunch of these refurbished models on a certain internet auction site, I was so tempted that I placed a few bids and won one for under £20. I have to say that it's a bit of a gem; it may be only 3.2 MPix and have limited manual controls with a very small, bu today's standard, LCD, and it may be limited by only taking a 1GB max SD card but........

I'm impressed; must dig my A510 out

3. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

I wish... I 'm working nights all weekend :(

4. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

The Milestone

Well done Chris, great achievement :D

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Hmm not so many pics this month where is everybody? I cant post mine as I currently have no imaging software Tried the Gimp but for some reason cant get it to upload, so unless O fork out for Elements we're gonna have to wait a while for mine :(

6. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: The Milestone

7. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

Re: The Milestone

i'll keep my fingers crossed :D

hopefuly i will be joining you in the weight loss thing soon :D although galaxy is my downfall :( :D

8. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I have mine but haven't had chance to upload it yet. I'm going to get it online tonight.

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Many thanks to all who participated - the picture thread is now closed. As usual, any latecomers may pm me or any mod to get the thread temporarily re-opened. And may I take this opportunity to remind you all that the FirstView Gallery remains open for posting anyway, so if you have any pictures which were taken for FirstView, but which you just didn't get around to posting, they may be uploaded to the gallery at any time.