1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Safari for Windows.

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Roger_Provins, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Apple have just released a beta version for Windows! It's here.

2. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

I can hardly contain my indifference! ;)

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Never mind.

4. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Had download it and run it on my work machine at work for testing purpose.

It crashed when it's loading www.apple.com/uk !! *What the!...* :rolleyes:

Needless to say that the software undergoes an uninstall program straight after that!

Bah! :mad:

5. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Didn't really have any interest in it (as i dont use it on my mac), but thought i'd try to break my work PC with it. Seems to be o.k. so far. It is a beta so do expect some issues.

6. martinch

martinch Well-Known Member

The problem with it (leading to the large number of complaints) is that the errors people are getting make it look more like an alpha release (not functionally complete, loads of errors), rather than a beta release (functionally complete, tested but a small number of errors remain).

7. R3tr0Fr34k

R3tr0Fr34k Well-Known Member

Instead of gradually releasing Apple software for Windows, why don't they just release the Mac OS for PC's, then we can all go out and buy reasonably priced hardware to run OS X on. I love OS X but hate the hardware premiums, even though it is very well designed etc.

8. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Because then you'll end up with same situation that Windows has. Lots of 3rd party drivers causing an OS to fail. No one blames the drivers just the OS.

9. scm

scm Well-Known Member

It's a poor OS that lets applications kill it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

NO OS wars!

Enough already! ;)