1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY Round 01: Water in the Landscape

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Fen, Feb 13, 2012.

1. JustinMinns

JustinMinns Well-Known Member

Excellent, look forward to seeing what the judges pick, there's usually some pretty inspirational stuff

Thanks for the quick reply Mark

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Does that mean the issue DATED 31 March and available to subscribers a week before? I that is so it means that we can see the results before deciding whether to enter round two

Roger

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Yes, issue dated 31 March, on sale from 27 March and with subscribers 24 March.

For this round at least, yes. Although I fail to see any problem :) APOY is free to enter and the chance to win each month is equal. Placement for the overall prize might seem to be diminished by not 'gaining' points in the first round - but not everyone enters all of the rounds. I'd hate to see any potential APOY winner drop out after round one.

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I did not think that it was a problem - rather a bonus and a chance to see the competition and whether there was any point in putting in an entry for round 2, or possibly deciding I might be able to up my game

P.S. I do not look upon myself as a "potential APOY winner"

Roger

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

With the best of intentions my comments were intended for general information, consumption Roger :)

Good luck and best wishes to all who enter.

6. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Please note...

A post has been removed from this thread for reasons of potential defamation - as a result several other contributions that a) quoted the original post and b) discussed the issue have also been removed.

Unless or until the accusation has been proven (and we will be investigating it), please refrain from discussion on the forum.

Failure to follow this advice may result in your access being suspended.

Thank you.

7. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

First time that i've entered a photograph to any sort of competiton, but sitting in 4th place. But for how long, one wonders?

Thanks Judges. You made my year.

8. Graham00

Graham00 Active Member

Well done to the winner, it's a lovely shot made up of different compositions and colours, i was pleased to get 29th after my 2nd only attempt at entering APOY and to Guy, i like the dual colour with diagonal reflections in yours.

9. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

Cheers Graham. Had fun taking the photograph. Good luck to you in the coming rounds.
    What is the link to your submission if you dont mind me asking?

10. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Congratulations to all. For this first APOY 2012 round the top 30 entrants can be viewed > here < and a list of the top 50 can be viewed > here <.

m :)

11. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

Thanks. Nice photograph Graham.

12. JustinMinns

JustinMinns Well-Known Member

Well done Guy, this is my first time entering APOY as well... haven't done quite as well as you but made it into the top 30 at joint 21st! Portraits aren't my thing though so I can see myself dropping down the list fast!

13. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

Thanks Justin. Great photograph of Southwold. I can not see myself being on the leaderboard for much longer either. Back to obscurity me-thinks.

14. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Congratulations to all who have secured points in Round 01 of APOY 2012 :D

[video=youtube;KuStsFW4EmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ[/video]

;)

Come on guys (and gals) APOY (and the AP forum competition) is intended to encourage you to step outside of any comfort zone, enhance your photographic enjoyment and experience.

They're both free to enter and, in the case of APOY, to clinch the ultimate prize it's a case of being placed in a number of the 2.683 mile dashes ;) that make up the marathon. Best wishes and good luck to all who enter :)

regards
    m

15. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

Thanks...