1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2015 - Round 4 - In Focus, Shallow Depth of Field

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

No problem. If you would like some feedback on your work feel free to post an image to the Appraisal Gallery. It's probably best to put one image up at a time and expect some honest feedback. Or, if you aren't looking for that kind of commentary there's the Exhibition Lounge - although I'm still trying to get my head around that one myself!

Somewhere around here there are instructions on how to post images to threads but I use a third party hosting site such as photo bucket and copy and paste the link into the comment box. Seems to work. Just be sure to reduce the size of your files so that we can actually see the pictures properly.

2. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Kath,

I was agreeing with everything you wrote - but then noticed that every post you make contains a link to your own Flickr feed!

:)

3. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

.....and then, having made that comment, I did a quick run round the forum and discovered that quite a few of the regular contributors advertise their blogs and suchlike in their posts.

So maybe we are being a bit hard on this new member.

4. snap Angle

snap Angle Member

thanks kath to Inform such types of rule.but i ask you may i post image like below[​IMG]

5. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

You are of course correct, I do have a link to my flickr account instead of a 'signature'. But I would argue that it's not quite the same as only posting with the intention of drawing your attention to my own stuff. I would hope that I also contribute something to the forum in the way of wit, repartee, information and wisdom. Cough. If anyone chooses to follow the Flickr link all well and good but it's easier to ignore that than a series of posts that all end with a request that you go to my website and very little else in the way of participation :)

As for the OP, yes, I'm quite sure you could post an image such as the one you've included in this thread but I expect the moderators woudl prefer that you put it into a more relevant thread on a more relevant board. Is it just to share? Then it belongs in the exhibition lounge. Do you want some feedback on it? Then put it into Appraisal.

7. snap Angle

snap Angle Member

Thanks friends all of you are very supportive and Frank. i have a question.when i am shooting outdoor in sunny day against very bright sky my picture goes too brighty . what to do ?there is no hood on lense.

8. john21wall

john21wall New Member

congratulated themselves waiting for the next round