1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2015 round 2 - Going Abstract

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Gah, sent to apoy@ipcmedia.com rather than apoy@timeinc.com

A confirmation arrived, so is the former email address forwarding on to the timeinc one?

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Yes they are :)

4. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation MJ, will use the timeinc one going forward.

5. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Now - shall I enter my image now OR wait a few weeks 'in case' something better comes up?

Decisions decisions.

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Well, I've sent one to the right place (I hope) although no acknowledgement as yet. I wasn't going to bother, but a little voice in my head said don't cop out now. :)

Kate

7. Harold_2

Harold_2 Well-Known Member

Obviously i have missed round one as i have just joined, Can i still enter into round two

8. Catriona

Yes of course you can. Enter as many or as few as you like. Just read the rules via the link at the top of this thread..

9. Harold_2

Harold_2 Well-Known Member

Thank you Kate
    i will have a read when i get home from work

10. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

or "...don't CROP out now."?? :)

11. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

I suspect that most of the photographers who enter APOY never come near this forum.

I wonder if we could persuade Chrissie to produce a round-by-round league table of forumites who enter APOY.

12. Aga n Chickens

Aga n Chickens Well-Known Member

I didn't have anything to enter into the last round as the only decent picture I had was entered in a similar round last year and failed to make the short-list.

This time however I was out and about in my unfamiliar area taking the 24 shots for the forum comp and noticed that I had a picture worthy of entering into the abstract round for APOY.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to run a league table for forumites if we enter our pictures for APOY with our real names and we are know in most cases by our alias on forum.

If it were possible I'd also like to see how we do as a forum community, compared with the official results which are published in the magazine.

Christine

13. Catriona

Well done getting something new. Good luck!
    Looking through the named ones from APOY I occasionally see one or two from the Forum, and on rare occasions we've had a visit from a winner, but in the main they don't appear to want to talk about it in comfortable surroundings. :)

I'd prefer to leave things as they are. There are few of us regulars on here already. If we had a league table of our attempts in APOY, then it could end up with fewer bodies present for a chat!

14. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I always enter APOY each month even if I end up submitting an old picture not specifically taken for the round, rather than miss it.
    On the rare occasion I make it into the top 50 or indeed 30 everyone on the forum knows about it because i'm so excited!! and for all the other months I self appoint myself 51st place and post in appraisal for feedback....
    Good luck to all :D

15. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

I assume my shots have been excluded for technical reasons when that happens which so far has been every month, but I keep trying :D

16. ludofarine

ludofarine New Member

IHEY!
    I wonder if it was possible to send a photo for apoy from a mobile phone?
    I know quality can obviously not to be as good as a dslr but originality could pay.
    Inspired from the Sony mobile awards. Anyway what do you think?
    Ludo

17. Catriona

I imagine so long as you follow the rules set out for entry and attach the disclaimer to your entry - and send the right size - I don't see why not. I do it by email, but that's my choice.

18. ludofarine

ludofarine New Member

Yes I planned anyway to send it by email, but potentially a photo that I took from my mobile phone this time

19. Catriona

That's OK. There's no limitation on what you took it with, only the size of the image, which should be between 2,700pix and 3,000pix.
    Good luck!

20. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

A mobile phone shot won one of the rounds, 2013 I thinks it was!