1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2013 Round 2 - Life in Motion

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. Brendan1980

Brendan1980 Well-Known Member

my entry is all ready to go in. I've got plans for most rounds already. just a coupleleft to sort out. :D

3. Brendan1980

I'm in! :)

4. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

In and acknowledged!

Next round will be a hard one for me to choose - my dog's, a bird or something else :)

5. Brendan1980

Yes I'm struggling for the next round.

6. johncb84

johncb84 Well-Known Member

I have just sent my entry in. However, I have forgotten to add how I took the image on my description. Is it allowed to resubmit my entry?

Thanks John

7. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Hi John
    Yes, you are allowed to re-submit your entry but please point out it is replacing your previous submission.
    Chrissie

8. johncb84

johncb84 Well-Known Member

Thanks Chrissie. Much appreciated.

John

9. David_gu1

David_gu1 Well-Known Member

For Chrissie - question about APOY 2013 Round 2 - Life in Motion

Hi
    I've ready the guidelines on this round but I'm still not sure, does there have to be an actual person (or living thing) in the picture?
    I was thinking about doing some kind of liquid art image (stop motion) but not sure if I'm interpreting the brief correctly.
    Chrissie, can you please let me know?
    thx
    David

10. anidanieli

anidanieli New Member

Sorry for my ignorant question but I want to make sure I submit my photos right....when the guidelines day 2,700 minimum (3,000 maximum) pixels along it's LONGEST dimensions what does that mean exactly? Is that the WIDTH or HEIGHT under pixel dimensions in Photoshop? I am not sure where to fill out the 3,000 pixels and the rest get's automatically filled in for me. Thank you! Like I said I am sorry for my ignorant question but I am very new to all of this.

11. ianwaite

ianwaite Well-Known Member

Re: For Chrissie - question about APOY 2013 Round 2 - Life in Mo

I think the clue is in the title "Life in motion" but I'm sure Chrissie will confirm as appropriate

Regards
    Ian

12. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I would imagine it would depend on the orientation of your image. If you have taken a photograph in portrait orientation the height would be 3000 pixels, but if it's a landscape the width would be 3000.

13. ianwaite

Forget height or width, it is 2700 minimum and 3000 maximum pixels on the images longest side, nothing to do with height or length. If it is a portrait image then it applies to the height, if it is a landscape it applies to the width. It is purely the longest dimension / side of the image.

Regards
    Ian

14. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

you just have to change the longest dimension for example if your image is 5000px by 3500px reduce the largest value down to 3000px, so change the 5000px down to 3000px and the 3500px will reduce down automatically.
    obviously do this after you are happy with image and have cropped it (if you are cropping it)

15. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

Judging by what the allowed in round one I think they'd accept anything

16. ianwaite

I don't think so, this round specifically indicates Life, so anything which can reasonably be counted as life! I would take it from the description/requirements that it would need to be animal or human or something else which could reasonably be counted as being alive.

Ian

17. David_gu1

David_gu1 Well-Known Member

Don't the bacteria in the water count as life :)

18. ianwaite

Yep and a photo (if your capable) of bacteria in motion would count!

19. daveben

daveben Well-Known Member

This thread has just made me realise my submissions for both this round and last round are too big! For some reason, the "max 3000" bit isn't replicated in the summary of how to submit so I'd only picked up on the >2700 bit.

Do I need to resubmit for this round?

And is that the reason I missed out in Round 1? Come on, tell me it is, that way I can continue to believe I'd actually have won if I'd sent in a smaller image!!

20. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

here's my entry into this months theme.
    any constructive criticism would be welcome.

[​IMG]