1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2013 Round 1 - Portraits using Artificial Light Results

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

[​IMG]

See the results >here< for Round 1 - Portraits using Artificial Light

2. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

And so it begins.........

Congrats to the winners and all who made the top 50 - quite a few forum members there :)

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I recognise a couple of the names there. Well done Adrian and Ian for getting in the points.

4. Brendan1980

Brendan1980 Well-Known Member

Gutted I didn't even get a look in. I felt quite good about my image. just shows how good the standard is.

Congrats to the winner and those in the points.

5. johncb84

johncb84 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winner, runners up and all the top 30, all great images. I particularly like Dusica Paripovic’s‘Shadows.’

6. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

I think this was the weakest top 30 ever.
    loads of them were just studio shots which I didn't really think were a great interpretation of the category and it excluded anyone who dosnt have access to that sort of equipment and the two in the top 3 which I thought were good ideas I thought were pretty softly focused.
    most of the time I enter this competition I get to the end of the month and see the ones that win I think its fair enough when I dont get placed because of the quality of the rest of the entries but this time I think the quality is pretty low and I just cannot believe I couldnt have got at least 14 lousy points
    [​IMG]

7. dslrdude

dslrdude Active Member

hey guy's is the top 50 list in the new edition magazine or is it on here somewhere.

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

They're in the Gallery.

9. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

This is a cracking shot!

10. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

Thanks, I thought it might get points but I'm generally not toodisappointed when I dont, but this months top 30 seemed a bit under par.

11. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

I scored 12pts in the Architectural Interior round. Though I was pleased to make the top 50 looking at some of the shots, some 'out of focus' and even 'off centered' I wonder what exactly the judges are looking for?

12. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

I did well in the life in motion round (8th place I think) but nowhere in the Architecture round.
    I wasnt too dissapointed with that as I put a pretty left field picture in for that but a few people have complained on the forum about that round.
    The one that won was just a picture of a door which is barley interior architecture.
    I think you have to take a pretty loose interpretation of the category and try something quirky, the quality of the picture/processing dosnt seem to stand for much this year.