1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2013 - Results for Round 3 - The Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 21, 2013.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

[​IMG]

See the results >here< for Round 3 The Animal Kingdom

2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

For me it is a great achievement making it 29th among so many fine photographers.
    Congrats to all!
    Cheers,
    Luis

3. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

ho hum...no points again !
    I thought the winning shot was pretty good but could have used some noise reduction.
    I really liked Sean Slevins Huddle picture

4. bevlad

bevlad Well-Known Member

its a good picture, well composed with good colours.
    It's really easy to get carried away with butterfly pictures and go all macro but yours is nicely stepped back.
    Just a thought though.... You could have had a much lower iso given that your shutter speed was so high.
    I usually use iso100 and have a shutter speed around 200th

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  5. TheAlex

TheAlex Well-Known Member

I came 13th! :D Just behind Sean Slevin, whose photos I love. Other favourites in this round include the cat in 3rd place, 'Spider' and the robin in the grass. I agree with the comment above too, I do like to see animals within the context of their surroundings.

It's only the 2nd time I've entered - I'm now encouraged to try and come up with something for the remaining rounds. I had a good photo for Round 1 which I didn't think of entering until I saw the Round 1 results.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  6. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

There's a senior member in the forum that once told me "believe in your intuition". Never give a chance to "If I had..."

7. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

In third place picture I reckon the dog is really saying,"Get a bloody move on! D'you expect me to sit around in this stream all day while you faff about with that bloody camera?"

8. oceanman79

oceanman79 New Member

Amazing images once again. This competition can be disheartening when you anxiously click the results and don't see your name, but more importantly it is inspiring and motivational. I'm learning something new every round.

When we submit our entries we check this statement: [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]If my entry is not successful, I would like Damien Demolder to critique my image in the Appraisal column [ X][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I can't find the Appraisal Column for any of the rounds. I'd love to get some feedback on my images even if they are not in the top 50. [/FONT]

9. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

DD runs a regular article of critique in the magazine using selected images, and gives you an messenger bag if you are one of the selected ones. I got one about three months ago and it was extremely useful for a recent trip.

Roger