1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2013 Results for Round 2 - Life in Motion

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

AP have spoken to Julian and he confirms again that he earns no more than 10% of his total annual income or £5,000 annually from photography.

2. whistleblower

whistleblower New Member

anyone know the criteria to join the "swpp and bppa"?

3. whistleblower

whistleblower New Member

check his face book page out then...hes got work coming out his ears.it stinks..hence why i dont bother entering. if he wins this comp would you ask to see his tax returns the comp only covers 10 months....what about the other 2 months?

4. Julian_fraser

Julian_fraser New Member

Hi all, just had a call from the magazine to clarify this query which I'm happy to put straight now... Firstly, I am a full-time police officer. That is my primary job and I do the full 40 hours a week. I will not put the website name on here but yes I do have a photography website which I use to show my work. For each Round of the competition anyone submitting a photo by email has to include a cut & pasted statement that they do not earn more than 10% of their income, or £5,000 a year from photography. I can categorically state that I meet BOTH of those criteria in order to enter the competition. This year, 2013, I will be photographing a grand total of 4 weddings (3 for colleagues and 1 for a friend of a friend). There is an argument that being paid for something makes you a professional but under the terms of the competition I can safely state that I am an Amateur.

i hope this clarifies things for everyone. Regarding the SWPP listing. I can confirm that I am not a member, paying or otherwise, of any professional body or association, and was a member of SWPP for 1 year in 2009 when there was an offer to join for free. I will ask them to remove my name from their website immediately.

to put this in perspective, I certainly do not appear to be the only photographer listed in the points for either round one or round two with their own photography website and I hope this answers any questions that may have arisen since the results were published.

Kind regards
    julian

5. Julian_fraser

Julian_fraser New Member

Hi there - from memory I believe the criteria are that you have to pay them money. That's it. It's a private company that presents itself as a professional body.

6. miked

miked Well-Known Member

"Hello, hello, hello, I think the young man in blue has provided a clear and honest reply, so may we all now relax and concentrate on our individual entries for the competition.