1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2012 Round Two Natural Light Portraiture

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I had a wry smile when I saw in the Independent, Jamie Routley's pictures (triptych) of Mr Lewis, a newspaper vendor.
    The pictures were selected to be hung in the National Gallery and are among four works selected for the 2012 BP Portrait Awards.

If I had been presented with them for critique (as a photo, not a painting), I would probably have criticised the poses (jail, mugshot); the lack of any directional lighting (flat as a pancake) and the crop.

Shows what I know! lol :D:D

2. Guy Wells

Guy Wells Member

Hi.
    Is there a link to view the whole leaderboard? Or is it just the top 10?

Thanks

And well done to all of you who did well in round two. We salute you!

3. Nexus6_uk

Nexus6_uk Member

OMG! I'm new here and have just recently subscribed to the AP magazine, as I entered the first round of the APOY comp for the first time ever. Sadly I didn't get anywhere but to be fair, this was expected. Imagine how thrilled I was to see that I placed 30th in the second round and saw my pic in the magazine! OMG! lost for words - I'm totally blown away!!!

Oh and hello! :)

4. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

'ello Nexus6 :D We posted on each others APOY piccies on flickr...

Welcome and congrats again... ;)

5. Nexus6_uk

Nexus6_uk Member

Haha! So we did! Nice to see you again! :) And thank you