1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2012 Round Four - At Dawn and Dusk - Landscapes

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, May 14, 2012.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

*checks last entry date*

11 days... I've narrowed my choices down to three, just need to pick one of them. Thank you for the reminder Chrissie :D

3. Graham00

Graham00 Active Member

I wonder if a seascapes scene are allowed, there is some rock involved which could count as land partly.

4. Brendan1980

Brendan1980 Well-Known Member

I hope so, because mine is a seascape. Well, it's got breakers, sea, and mountains.

My first entry into this competition. Doubt I'll get anywhere, but it's really got me thinking about what I want to phpotograph, and it's really got me working on my technique.

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

The point of any AP competition Brendan :) Perhaps Alfred Stieglitz...

[​IMG]

...once said the same, along with "Photography is my passion. The search for Truth my obsession"

Link Good luck with your entry :)

6. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hey maybe AP should consider having the medals again. I quite like the thought of a medal. :)

7. miked

miked Well-Known Member

So do I, but then again the AP forum competition has the equivalent of a medal: it's called a mug.

8. JustinMinns

JustinMinns Well-Known Member

I'm struggling to choose what to enter for this round... just when I think I've made a decision I look again later and change my mind again

I used to be decisive but now I'm not so sure :confused:

9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It's finding something original and interesting that's my problem. My seascapes just bore me now.
    Maybe I shall just give this one a miss.
    Good luck to you with your choice!
    Kate

10. Catriona

Well I went for subtlety. :D:D:cool:

11. JustinMinns

JustinMinns Well-Known Member

I didnt... after assessing the criteria, carefully assembling a short list then after much deliberation, head scratching, soul searching and indecision... I let my girlfriend pick! :D

12. Catriona

Haha! Good strategy - or as good as any.

I do note that all the winners so far have had a dark, dramatic brush applied to them.

So I went for pale and interesting! lol

Good luck! I'm keeping up my 100% rejection record. I am going to go for gold on that and enter every round. :D:D
    Kate

13. Mr Rob Knight

Mr Rob Knight New Member

Evening all. First post etc..

Sent a picture in for round three and got hooked.

For this round I knew which photo to send in, then had doubts. I asked my GFs opinion, and finally sent the picture I had first thought of. From other posts I don't seem to be alone in this.

Enjoying it, and planning a picture for round five.

14. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Well... Took me 10 days to decide and I've just sent in my chosen image.

Best of luck to everyone :)

*fingers crossed*

15. IanJTurner

IanJTurner Well-Known Member

Phew - just happened to be reading through the APOY homepage and realised the deadline is 5pm today! So much for my plan to see if I can get something this evening. Had to send the back up image in, think it might be slightly wide of the brief. Oh well. I like it.

Good luck everyone. :)

16. Yebisu

Yebisu Well-Known Member

That's what I always do. I didn't get chance to ask her this time so I had to choose the image myself. Don't think I've got much chance this time!

Good luck everyone.

17. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Applause to Adrian S

18. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

I just got home from the weekly camera club meeting and I saw your post Lesley, wondering what it was about. Then I checked the APOY results. Boy was I surprised. And pleased

19. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Yeah, well done.

I remember seeing the similar shot posted in the Appraisal Gallery.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?99156-And-then-there-was-light

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...in-bayadrian-sadlier-2c-ireland-41pts&cat=896

Of cause the comp one is better because as the judges point out the lone figure adds alot.

But the light in the Appraisal Gallery shot looks more dramatic to me.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  20. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member