1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2012 Round Five - The Beauty of Plants

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jun 19, 2012.

1. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste your money Alec - architecture is not one of my strong points and as for street....

Anyway, I stuck this one in for round 6 - I couldn't think of anything else!

[​IMG]

2. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

Come on Adrian, you never know....
    In view of the fact I was going to enter my staircase at Kew, I'd have to advise you against entering yours....... ;)
    ....in all seriousness, I like this - I liked it when you put it in appraisal.:)

3. JackHood

JackHood Well-Known Member

It's amazing Adrian... it's a winner! :)

4. AdrianSadlier

I wish! That Samsung NX20 looks like a great camera for street photography - which would help with round 7 :)

I'm looking forward to seeing your submission. If it's anything like your last one it will be a cracker.

5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I do like that!

6. AdrianSadlier

Alec, I think you may be a better judge than me. Seems the judges liked it as well - it got 4th (close, but no cigar!).

I'm beginning to regret not entering 2 of the rounds so far - especially the Macro one as I had a reasonable shot for that - just missed the deadline :-(

I put it in the May Monthly competition so I will get some feedback on it that way - eventually :)

I don't recognise a lot of the real names of the forum members so I can't tell who else faired well.

Adrian

7. cas100uk

cas100uk Well-Known Member

For me Adrian you should have got first for that it's a great shot.

(I am Charles Spencer, currently in 3rd overall).

8. AdrianSadlier

Thanks Charles. Congrats to you - placed in 4 of the 6 rounds so far (I only managed 3). 2nd, 3rd and 4th overall are so close as to make no difference!

The judging is always going to be subjective. I think they got 1st place right but not some of the other ones. Ask someone else and they'll say different. That's why I like this sort of competition - with set themes for multiple rounds. Things tend to even themselves out. It really makes you go out of your comfort zone (well it does me anyway). Somehow I don't think we'll catch Dan but, hey, stranger things have happened.

Nice to see 2 forum members in the top 3. Good luck with the rest of the competition.

Adrian

9. cas100uk

cas100uk Well-Known Member

Good luck to you too, think I might of had my time near the top but you never know so I'll keep submitting if I can.:)