1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2012 Round 9 The Great Outdoors

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Most amused to spot that the eighth placed photo was described as a charming snow covered path. A quick rummage back through the Country File calendar produced a photo of a whacking great tractor on the road between the trees. Given that I love both photos, I think it's a great example of how to get utterly different results from the same view by using the conditions. Now if I can just remember that lesson...

Adrian

3. thornrider

thornrider In the Stop Bath

Just my opinion but from 4th place downwards there are some enviably superb photographs. Are the first and second place photographs just badly printed in the magazine - or are they what they look like i.e. two very surprising winners. The first place photo in particular looks more like a camera focal plane shutter fault - and just for the outspoken forum members who put me off visiting the AP Forum, I know it isn't a shutter problem.