1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2012 Round 7 - On the Streets

Discussion in 'Amateur Photographer Of the Year (APOY)' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It was good to see colour pictures associated with this subject, instead of the usual black and white documentary or photojournalism photography normally held up as iconic for street photography.
    I've loved street photography for many years and although it is perhaps more difficult now, it is still a satisfying achievement to get the picture you wanted.
    My favourite street photographers are Saul Leiter and Elliot Erwitt. Saul Leiter for his sensitive glimpses of human beings and interactions and glorious use of colour - and Elliot Erwitt for his superb humour, sometimes wicked, but always making me laugh. To have the talent of those is always my goal. So if anyone needs a push or hint for direction on street photography, I fully recommend them!
    Should be a good month! And no, it doesn't have to be sunny! Sometimes the wetter the better. :)
    Kate

3. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    behind you by adrian.sadlier, on Flickr

Is this wet enough Catriona?

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Haha!
    Definitely!
    I thought the other framing with the man up on top was even more scary!
    Good luck. :)
    Kate

5. andiblake

andiblake Well-Known Member

anyone know how i go about getting my points added on..i was on 108 last month just got 24 points this month yet still on 108 points and even dropped down from 5th to 6th...be gratful for a point in the right direction before it goes to press....
    regards Blake

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73595953@N07/

6. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

Blake, if you haven't heard anything by now I suggest you PM Chrissie Lay (above). As for going to print - it hit the shops on Tuesday! 132 points should put you in 3rd - and me back to fourth :-( .

Congrats and good luck with the remaining rounds

Adrian