1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APLZOD

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by MickLL, Jun 16, 2017.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I do hope that someone knows what I'm talking about - not sure I do.

I use Win7 pro and Outlook (not oullook express) as my mail client. I use the calendar function and it's recently been mirrored in iCloud.

After a windows update AND a power cut I've lost my calendar - all gone.

When clicking on the calendar bar I get an error message:

MAPI is unable to load the information service C:/ '''''''long path name''''/Apple/more pathname/APLZOD.dll

I've reinstalled iTunes (as it seems to be an Apple file and I tunes is the synchronising method), Applied a system restore to before the update and power cut. Located APLZOD and renamed it.

No difference at all.

Can anyone help?

MickLL

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

In the last couple of weeks items coming in my windows live-mail with dates attached have been appearing as private appointments in my windows live calender so they have definitely done something. I usually access my live mail account from mac devices (ipad and imac) but have never seen icloud touch the windows calender. One Drive is the microsoft equvalent for backing stuff up - did you mean that? I doubt you have lost your calendar as the default these days is for everything to live on the server. Try logging into your mail account from a browser to see.

3. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Sorry - didn't make myself entirely clear I think.

No I didn't mean One Drive and logging into the email server won't help because my calendar has nothing to do with the email - other than the fact that both are handled in "Outlook". There is no calendar functionality at server level.

My 'diagnosis' might be wrong but here's my logic. I am using a PC but the problem is reported as being with a file in an Apple folder. The only link between my PC and Apple is that I synchronize (and back up) my iPhone using iTunes on my PC. I also have been allowing my calendar to be on iCloud - I assume that's another Apple link. I thought that my calendar was on my local machine and mirrored in icloud. However the fact that it's disappeared from the local machine now has me worried.

if I could log in to iCloud somehow (can't find out how) maybe I could see what's there.

MickLL

PS Dumb me. I managed to get into iCloud and my calendar IS there so I haven't lost it. Next trick is to somehow get it to be visible locally - preferably in Outlook.

4. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Well this is the first time since I joined that a question of mine has stumped the members (apparently).

I thought that I would let you know that I've (sort of) got back to an acceptable position although I have not solved the problem. It took a long time.

I found the calendar on iCloud and have managed to get it into Outlook - it was a struggle to find advice on how to do that but eventually I 'googled' a method. So I'm back in business to some extent.

However the link to iCloud is still broken and so I have no iCloud mirror which might be a handicap when I'm out and about.

MickLL

5. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Probably nobody interested but I solved it.

Problem was a Windows security update that 'wounded' my Outlook. Uninstalling the security update got everything back to normal.

MickLL

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you are on about Mick, but I have been following and I'm glad you've solved it.
    th (1).jpg

7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

It happened again - this time with my contacts. Uninstalling the Windows update was an immediate cure.

I've resurrected this thread simply to give a heads up to anyone using OUTLOOK from the M'soft Office suite. If the programme stops working look for and uninstall any windows updates relating to Outlook.

MickLL

8. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

The last cumulative update broke Outlook for some users - MS issued a patch to fix it though. Well they eventually added the patch to the update catalogue (after initially adding then pulling it!)

9. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Guys - sorry to drag this up again but I'm getting more than irritated.

It seems that every Windows update aimed at Outlook causes Outlook to break. I fix it by deleting the update but I'm finding that more and more tedious.

I've searched but can't find a permanent solution. Can anyone help please?

(Windows & Pro and Outlook 2007)

MickLL

10. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I have my suspicions that Microsoft will say "Upgrade to the latest version of Outlook"

11. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

One thing that may help is to have an admin account with an email account in outlook.
    When updates are applied, they will often screw up if the admin account doesn't do anything with them.
    If you do this, the. Outlook will get updated, and the admin account will have its outlook updated (as it actually exists), and then the updates will trickle down to the non admin accounts as well.

Of course, if you are already logged on as an admin and it isn't working, then this advice is useless.