1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP subscription via Kindle

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by TBM, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TBM

TBM New Member

I live in the United States and have subscribed to AP for more than a decade. However, during approximately the last two years I have not been receiving all of my weekly issues and I definitely suspect that this is due to the U.S. Post Office's crappy delivery service. I just received my annual subscription renewal request from you; however, I am considering buying Amazon's Kindle reader and I need to know if I can obtain an AP subscription for the Kindle so as to get rid of the Postal Service's delivery problems. Does a Kindle subscription exist?

Terry

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Hi Terry and welcome to the forums. :)

I expect someone from the magazine will be along later.

Probably not quite what you are looking for but there is <this> digital edition.

3. TBM

TBM New Member

Thank you, Roger. Do you know if the Zinio Web version allows me to print any pages that I want to keep for reference?

4. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I've not seen the Zinio version of AP but I did have a subscription to another Zinio publication and it allowed printing 2 pages at a time albeit in a strange .zno format that did not seem to be easily transportable - but of course printed fine from within Zinio.

5. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I thought Kindle didn't show colour pictures? You'd miss a lot on a photo magazine.

6. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi Terry

I'd love to have a Kindle edition, but we're not planning one just yet. As Mike says, its all black and white at the moment, and possibly not the best way to view a photo magazine. The Zinio edition looks fantastic on iPad if that's any help, and it is great the computer screen too. You'll also get the magazine a lot earlier than via the postal service.

damien

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Just to add my support for the iPad version via zinio, currently trying the latest edition and overall happy. I used to subscribe to the print version but found I just wasnt getting round to taking it out of the plastic bag, with a portable version I should get more opportunity to read it. Think I shall be subscribing to the zinio version from the next edition.

I'd like a native AP app like the Times app has but I guess that's going to be a while before that comes out.