1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

AP subscription via Kindle

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by TBM, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TBM

TBM New Member

I live in the United States and have subscribed to AP for more than a decade. However, during approximately the last two years I have not been receiving all of my weekly issues and I definitely suspect that this is due to the U.S. Post Office's crappy delivery service. I just received my annual subscription renewal request from you; however, I am considering buying Amazon's Kindle reader and I need to know if I can obtain an AP subscription for the Kindle so as to get rid of the Postal Service's delivery problems. Does a Kindle subscription exist?

Terry

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Hi Terry and welcome to the forums. :)

I expect someone from the magazine will be along later.

Probably not quite what you are looking for but there is <this> digital edition.

3. TBM

TBM New Member

Thank you, Roger. Do you know if the Zinio Web version allows me to print any pages that I want to keep for reference?

4. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I've not seen the Zinio version of AP but I did have a subscription to another Zinio publication and it allowed printing 2 pages at a time albeit in a strange .zno format that did not seem to be easily transportable - but of course printed fine from within Zinio.

5. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I thought Kindle didn't show colour pictures? You'd miss a lot on a photo magazine.

6. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi Terry

I'd love to have a Kindle edition, but we're not planning one just yet. As Mike says, its all black and white at the moment, and possibly not the best way to view a photo magazine. The Zinio edition looks fantastic on iPad if that's any help, and it is great the computer screen too. You'll also get the magazine a lot earlier than via the postal service.

damien

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Just to add my support for the iPad version via zinio, currently trying the latest edition and overall happy. I used to subscribe to the print version but found I just wasnt getting round to taking it out of the plastic bag, with a portable version I should get more opportunity to read it. Think I shall be subscribing to the zinio version from the next edition.

I'd like a native AP app like the Times app has but I guess that's going to be a while before that comes out.