1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP September 26 issue - Tony Kemplen's viewpoint

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I never expected to see an Ikonette featured in the pages of today's AP!

Takes me straight back to my National Service days. In 1958 I went out to Germany to serve in 2nd. TAF, and whilst there bought a used Contaflex, my first SLR and which worked OK. Back home my mother, impressed with the idea of shooting in colour for the first time, bought a new Ikonette, which was a total failure. After much trouble, this was replaced by Zeiss Ikon (or their importers at the time) with a Zeiss Ikon Continette fitted with what then was rare in consumer cameras, a Carl Zeiss lens (vs Zeiss ikon), the 45mm F/2.8 Lucinar. I remember slides from it being more contrasty than those shot on other cameras, but that might have been due to slightly faster shutter speeds etc. I still have the Continette, and its original case etc.

2. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I`m an avid reader of Tony`s column.He has used some very odd cameras from time to time but it`s always a good read.

I`m a little behind with AP since I had two copies on the door mat when I returned from holiday.I`ve not yet opened 3rd and 10th October!!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015