1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP London Meet - December

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hotblack, Nov 13, 2007.

?

Which is best (purely for photographic equipment)

1. Nikon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Canon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pentax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Olympus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fuji

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Panasonic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Samsung

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Others (Sony, Sigma, Ricoh etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Matt_Hunt

Matt_Hunt Well-Known Member

That is APPALLING!

Is that kind of joke your metier?

2. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

The hood should give the front element some protection against the rain :rolleyes:

We just had a lovely sunset. Red sky at night and all that :D

3. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

*GROAN*

Pot....Kettle........Black.......Something or other!!??

Oh! And by the way, I shall now probably be offline until, well, probably Sunday, as I'm off out for the evening. If anybody needs me then send me a text.

See you all tomorrow :D :D

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Have fun folks...stuff the weather...won't stop me getting out but may end up wrapped up like the Michelen man :D Sadly couldn't swing a weekend in London for togging and "a few" drinks...am oncall thanks to rescheduling and holidays :(

...not that I said I would come but would still be nice to meet one of these days :)

5. Hotblack

Thanks Andrew.

I see we've just been unstickied as well.

Thank you for allowing it to be stuck there for the last few weeks, mods. I appreciate it.

6. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Must have a look at train times. :)

7. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Pictures? Is someone going to bring a camera? ;)

8. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

That was me, sink or swim time ;)
    Hope you all have an enjoyable day. I'm looking forward to the seeing the pictures :)

9. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

No pictures - No sticky :)

10. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

^What he said^

Enjoy! :cool:

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Ach the b/f has man-flu too (again) so we're not going to Brighton :mad:

So I couldk come out with you lot instead, but it is absolutely pi$$ing it down so I might just drink cocoa and fondle my tripod :(

12. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Awwh, poor Nic! We had a lovely time in the pubs! Decidedly warmer than being out in the wind and rain!

13. Hotblack

Well...only so long as one wasn't being beaten around the head with cold, wet, woolly hats. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Thanks David for organising the event, I really enjoyed myself. For me it was probably a little too far to try and do in a day and I spent most of the day like a zombie, very tired and a little overawed. It was great to meet everyone and next time I thni I'd make a weekend of it. I didn't take a single picture, shameful, but I used it as a reccie and have some good ideas for a return trip, I just need it to be raining :)

p.s. I got to have a ride on a Tube train. :D

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

You enjoyed riding the tube :D It's the shonkiest mode of transport I've ever used....it's certainly an experience :D

16. Hotblack

Glad you enjoyed it, Richard. It was a good day despite the weather. I can't believe you didn't take one shot when you like being in the rain so much. Shame on you. :)

17. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I had a great time, wet, coldish and a bit forlawn, but great company and a few reasonable photos at the end of it all.

Thanks to David for organising it and for the others for coming and making it all worthwhile. :)

We must do this again when the weather is kinder, or at least dry! :D

18. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

...and I saw so many opportunities too :eek: After I left you guys, I took the tube to Embankment, crossed the Jubilee Bridge and walked the river along passed the London Eye up to Westminster. It was all a bit of a blur really.

19. Hotblack

I'd just like to say 'Thank You' to all you lot for turning up. I can't believe we had such a good turnout considering the conditions.

It was nice to see you all, both old faces and new. I had a great time with good company.

20. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Well-Known Member

Thanks, David for a great day out!

As this was my first outing, must say what a nice bunch of chaps and chapess you all are, and will look forward to the next time!

Just wish I wasn't double booked that day so I could have spent longer in The Prospect, but as I had a part to play in our drama group's party pantomine 'Goldilocks and the three bears meets CSI' I had to rush off for that. I think by the time I left, I must have owed just about everyone a pint - so my shout next time!

Anyway, just been uploading a few shots of the day to my flickr account.