1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Camera Survey

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens or Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens?

1. Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Re: Vivitar W&S

And that is the best reason possible.

2. pilliwinks

pilliwinks Well-Known Member

I mainly use a 1960's Calumet 5x4, which is quite different from the current Calumet 5x4s (as you'd expect). My second camera is a Mamiya RZ67.

If pushed, I might use my OMs again, but I prefer the larger negatives in every way.

I have no digital cameras, although quite a few film ones...

3. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

I'm producing a range of stickers for people's cameras. So far I'm focusing on:

For Holga fans, "My other camera is a Nikon/Canon (delete as appropriate)" and "I don't have any other camera; my view of life is permanently distorted".

For ironic Canon and Nikon fans, "My other camera is a Holga"

And, finally, for Christopher Isherwood fans, "I am a camera".

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sticker idea...

For Holga users - "My other camera is an Ebony" (reverse for more raised eyebrows).

5. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Don't forget OneTen's pinhole masterpiece....... :D

6. elfriclongarm

elfriclongarm Well-Known Member

1st Shen Hao, 2nd Bronica
    Mick

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Re: Vivitar W&S

Funnily enough, one of the most notable UK photobooks of recent years, "Hackney Wick" by Stephen Gill was shot entirely with a plastic camera he picked up on a market stall in the area. If it works for you, as Mr Hicks might say.

8. Pastieman

Pastieman Member

Hi, a newbie here, I use a Nikon D90 as main camera and a Lumix TZ5 as my 2nd camera.

9. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

My main camera usage is a Nikon D80 and a Canon 20D, but I seem to have severe Camera Acquisition Syndrome, I should probably trade it all in and get a D300, but I don't think I could part with my F5.

My house is currently littered with:

DSLRs

Nikon D80, Nikon D40, Nikon D70, Canon 10D, Canon 20D, Fujifilm S2 Pro, Fujifilm S3 Pro

Digital compacts:

Casio Exilim EX Z850, Olympus C-50, Olympus C-480, Olympus C-2040Z, Olympus C-3030Z, Olympus C-4040Z, Olympus C-5050Z, Olympus C-420L, Canon A420, Canon A540, Canon G5, Minolta Dimage 2330 Zoom, Mustek DV5200, Mustek DV4000, Vivitar DVR-310 ( x two ), Vivitar DVR-510, Vivitar 3345.

And film SLRs

Canon EOS 5, Nikon F5, Nikon F80, Nikon F50, Nikon F90x Pro ( x two ), Nikon EM, Olympus OM-1, Olympus OM-10, Praktica MTL50

And yet I still find myself hankering after a D2Xs and a F4s, EOS 1V ... if someone has a cure, can they let me know :)

( Hadn't realised this was quite an old thread )

10. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

That doesn't matter. I want it to keep going.

11. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

I clicked on the first page of this thread and got a warning about malware. Just thought it might be important....

12. Damien_Demolder

Not sure why. It didn't give me any warnings. Thanks though.

Anyone else get a problem?

13. sey

sey Well-Known Member

hehe, are you sure you want to open that can of worms, Dr Damien!?!? :eek:

14. Damien_Demolder

You just relax back on that couch Seymour and tell me all about it. Now, when did you first feel the urge to buy a 110 SLR?

15. sey

sey Well-Known Member

every night I have this recurring nightmare and this insatiable urge........goes back as far as I can remember, in my photographic life and that is a looooong time. :D

16. Still_Togging_Along

Still_Togging_Along In the Stop Bath

You needen't worry Sey, your condition isn't as bad as first thought ... you could be dreaming about buying and using, a Kodak Disc camera!

17. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Who is zero?

18. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I had one of those, one of if not my first camera, bought it from a church brik-a-brak stall. Got some good results from it too, was uncanily good at streetlight night shots.

19. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

So we can ask Barney Baht'at where he places his GF1 amongst the Nikons.

20. johnf3f

johnf3f Active Member

What a lot of negative comments - we ALL know Canon is the most popular brand (for better or worse) but this is a simple request for information - please treat it as such. Otherwise we will learn nothing!