1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Camera Survey

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens or Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens?

1. Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I didn't know that Pandora made cameras

2. alanS

alanS Well-Known Member

"opening of Pandora's Box"
    :eek:

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Bet Barney's had her...

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

[​IMG] ;)

5. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

Well, I've had a looksie on the PhaseOne forum and don't recognise anyone from here. I'm a member on there when I need info but have to say I don't own a PhaseOne camera only the RAW software.

So own up, who is it? :D

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there are not more Sony users out there...

Maybe they just haven't noticed the poll yet?

7. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Mine too. Either that or the Vivi wide&slim. Have you tried one? Nice and small and with the same lovely vignetting you get with a Holga. But neither are up there and I have an aversion to "other" categories so I picked Mamiya.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Vivitar W&S

I haven't tried one, mainly because I have never seen one 'in the flesh' and I'm loathe to buy unseen on the net.

9. Mojo_66

Re: Vivitar W&S

They're small, plasticy, have a nice wide 22mm lens and cost less than a bottle of red. Can't go wrong really :D

10. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Plasticky, poorly made, curved film plane, c**p really - why do people make it hard for themselves to take pictures? I can take c**p pictures without any help from Holga, Vivitar, et al!

11. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The curved film plane compensates to some extent the curvature of field of the c**p lens in one dimension. Personally I don't use one of these nasty machines however I feel that one should give justice, no matter how little, wherever it is due.
    On other threads I have also not found it necessary to replace the r and a by asterisks in that nasty little word.

12. Mojo_66

Because the unpredictability makes them fun to use. Digital can get a bit boring after a bit. ;)

13. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Hear, hear, so get your old film SLR out, then.

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Boring. Guessing the focal distance is a lot more fun.

Actually, I get a bit peeved when people think that because something isn't perfect, it isn't good. A Holga, unlike most cameras, imparts its unique qualities on each frame. There is a serendipidy (spelling?) about using such tools and finding the results to surpass supposedly superior tools' efforts.

[/rant] ;)

15. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Funnily I get a bit peeved when people fall for the delusion that the idea that something that is basically a badly designed, badly made heap of junk is somehow more artistically 'valid'... Talk about marketing hype....... :rolleyes:

16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Whereas I get very peeved with people who take either view. :D

Seriously, of course it's not intrinsically more valid, but OTOH if you use it as a tool to get the effect you want, that IS valid. I used to use a very cheap Disk camera for the same reason. Utterly terrible camera, but it gave me the results I wanted, so was valid - for that use, and that use only. :cool:

17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Only boring people get bored ;)

Not that I've got anything against quirky cameras....other than I don't know what I'd do with one :D

18. Mojo_66

It still gets plenty of use. :)

Of course cheap cameras aren't any more valid artistically than any other kind, I just like the effects they give, the way you're never sure how the shot's going to come out, if at all. It's just a different way of looking at things and recording a subject. I use them because I like them.

19. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Nick Roberts........ evenest tempered man in town..........mad ALL the time.......... :D :D :D

20. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

[Nested quote constructed for clarity.]

You three seem to be playing out something from the letters pages of AP recently, when someone objected to a recent Roger Hicks. I must admit, I thought the letter writer was being a bit of a tw@t, really. [​IMG]