1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Camera Survey

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens or Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens?

1. Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sigma 50-500mm f/4.0-6.3 EX DG APO HSM Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Hi all

I'd like to get a better understanding of what cameras our readers and site visitors are using, so here's a little survey. Please tick only one box to indicate which brand your principle camera is from. I'm not asking which brands you own, as I know many of you have piles of cameras stashed under the bed - just the camera you use most often, or the model you regard as your main camera.

If your camera brand isn't listed tick 'Other' and add the brand name as a reply below.

If your second camera is a different brand from your first please answer the second survey.

Thanks for taking part

damien

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Oh yeah - there's going to be a stack of people here with Phase Ones, isn't there? ;)

Edit: only just noticed the request for a mention of the 'other' brand, which for me was Linhof. (In the 'second camera' poll, that is.)

3. sey

sey Well-Known Member

I would call this a true opening of Pandora's Box.

Ballsy Damien :eek: :D :D

4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Minox

5. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

About as many as with Linhofs eh! ;) There's an awful lot missing, especially for Large Format users who have to be content with "other" or so it seems.

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Since I've been largely digital my main camera has been Canon but before that it had been Nikon for donkeys years.

Of course now I have a D50 things may change... ;)

7. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

c'mon Damien - Kiev should have got its own slot ;)

8. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Errr, I use/used ...

Nikon D3
    Nikon D300
    Nikon D70s
    Nikon S210
    Nikon F80
    Minolta X700
    Praktica MTL5B

I've used all the top four in the last month, the bottom three haven't been used in the last two/eight/twenty years in that order.

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, they are an awful lot cheaper than Phase Ones! Actually, they're an awful lot cheaper than a 1DSIII or D3X! And if you buy used you can have a good one for a few hundred, so it is at least potentially more realistic. :)

Joking apart, I didn't really expect to see a lengthy list of LF manufacturers in the poll, but the presence of Phase One did raise an eyebrow. Maybe it's just Damo's sense of humour again. :)

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Hmmm. I see someone here does use (or claim to) a Phase One - in the 'second camera' section. Makes you wonder what their first choice is, really. A diamond-encrusted Hasselblad? A solid gold Seitz? Hubble? ;)

11. Skyline_kid

Skyline_kid Well-Known Member

Clearly us Nikon owners are more modest and dont like to brag ;) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :D

Chris.

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well you've got much to be modest about. :D

13. Straightarm

Straightarm Well-Known Member

Someone needs to buy a dictionary and learn the difference between principle and principal :D

14. Damien_Demolder

Bum! My dad was an Englise teacher you know. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in my case they are all spilt wrong. It was very early though.

AND I forgot to include Halina.

15. Damien_Demolder

Who? I thought it was David Hoff.

Perhaps we should change your user name to Huw 'The Hoff' Evans

:D :D

16. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

And Holga :D

17. Damien_Demolder

What? Huw "The Hoff" Holga??

18. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

Archimedes had no PALs.

19. Still_Togging_Along

Still_Togging_Along In the Stop Bath

Halina?! What about ..... Hanimax? Maybe I will be asked to leave this hallowed forum for mentioning 'that' name!

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I mentioned it only the other day, as the maker of the first 35mm SLR with built-in flash.