1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Archives

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by tankflyboss, Oct 24, 2017.

1. tankflyboss

tankflyboss Member

Hello,

An odd one but I'm looking for some resource material for a project, I am looking for articles on a subject possibly dating back as far back as the mid-1960s.

Could anybody at AP Towers let me know if they have a searchable archive and whether they can reproduce articles (obviously for a fee.)

I couldn't find anything on the AP website, only for recently historical issues.

If it's possible could somebody let me know the best contact to follow this up?

Kind Regards,
    tfb

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If you explain what you're researching some of the members may have material that can help

tankflyboss likes this.
  3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I have copies/volumes going back to the 1890's but unfortunately no overall searchable index. I imagine this will be the same for many members.

tankflyboss likes this.
  4. tankflyboss

tankflyboss Member

Many thanks both,

I'm interested in contemporaneous reviews of:

- The Zenit 11/12 camera line
    - The Chinon CS camera

Weird requests I know, but if you have a sudden brainwave as to where they're located!

Cheers,
    tfb

5. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

Sadly we don't have a searchable archive. We have a set of bound volumes containing every issue published since 1884 covering multiple shelves of rolling racking in a warehouse in Hampshire. It isn't searchable and there is no index, so each volume has to be gone through manually, and then relevant pages scanned from the volume. Its why we don't do much with our old content, and when we do the spine is usually missing from the scan.

tankflyboss likes this.
  6. tankflyboss

tankflyboss Member

No problem Nigel, I did expect this - I guess there isn't enough demand to employ an archivist!

Thanks for the reply, I shall have to dig elsewhere!

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I suppose it is vaguely possible that the BL has it all digitised!

EightBitTony likes this.
  8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member