1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone heard of perfocal.com? i just got rejected?

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Claret, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Claret

Claret Member

hi there, just wanna check if anyone has heard of perfocal.com? they claim as "uber for photographers" which i found quite interesting. i sent in an application for one of their categories but got rejected :( has anyone got some success with them? i have a few years experience now in most genres. could they have, say, a specific style that they're after?

thanks a lot!

2. Claret

Claret Member

their photographer page is at perfocal.com/join, i think i met most of their criteria but no idea lol

Deberashoot likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Nope, never heard of them. I have no idea what their "value proposition" is as an agency. Look them up at Companies House.

Deberashoot likes this.
  4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You read the T&Cs and still want to join?

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Are we sure this isn't just more spam?

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I assume anyone who posts a link to any website as their 1st, 2nd or 3rd post is just spam. Most forums prevent link posting until a number of posts, I thought AP did but maybe it's changed.

Deberashoot likes this.
  8. Claret

Claret Member

9. Claret

Claret Member

hmm, didn't read it all through, mind sharing what's wrong within the T&Cs?

10. Claret

Claret Member

i've not been posting actively on any forum, although being a member of quite a few. this time i was just really confused, their rejection email doesn't contain much feedback, and thought someone may be able to advise here. looks like they're not as established as i thought

11. PeteRob

Always read the T&C. This is business so you have to assess the cost-effectiveness of the "service", which doesn't seem to amount to much, against the risks and liabilities.

Claret likes this.
  12. Claret

Claret Member

thanks PeteRob :)

13. Claret

Claret Member

just got replied by the company: "Thank you for applying. We loved your work and it’s high standard. However, currently, your style doesn’t match with our aesthetic style and therefore we will not be taking your application further. Thank you for applying." o_O:rolleyes: goodbye then!

14. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Why not post some on Appraisals? It would be nice to see and also might be good to get some feedback from some of the really good photographers on here :)

15. PeteRob

I'd guess, from a quick look at their business proposition, that it's nothing to do with aesthetics.

16. Maroon

Maroon Well-Known Member

Looks similar to Kodakit, poor communication between client and themselves results in always over staying on a shoot and being paid peanuts to do so as they take a very large cut of the earnings!

Deberashoot likes this.
  17. Deberashoot

Deberashoot New Member

lol
    taken a look at their categories (available at book.perfocal.com/new-booking), i think they're targeting on domestic customers more than businesses (which is different from Kodakit who is clearly B2B), that means overall lower pricing but potentially higher volume of traffic?