1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had any dealings with Panamoz ?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Skyehammer, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graeme Parker

Graeme Parker New Member

I bought an X-E1 with them and had a very good customer service experience when I had a slight issue with the lens. The lens was sent to be serviced (they offered to pay for this, though it was in warranty so this wasn't necessary, with a view to replacing it if the servicing didn't work out) and when it arrived at Fuji they said there wasn't a problem. At my request Panamoz paid for my petrol to drive the 100 mile trip to the Fuji service office and demonstrate the problem to them. The problem was fixed by replacing the AF motor. I'm buying the XF 35mm 1.4 from them soon. I used the bank transfer method before (I knew it was a risk but fortunately they're legit) which saves an extra 5%.

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Considering how many large companies, the super-rich, even Members of Parliament avoid paying their dues, this is one thing I certainly wouldn't worry about losing sleep over.

3. Domcantwell

Domcantwell New Member

Hey, i literally signed up to this website just to reply to this thread as i googled panamoz to see if theres anything in january sales. I thought the same about panamoz when i used some of my student loan back in april to buy a Canon 50mm 1.2

I read alot of stuff about someone pretending to be a receptionist but really it was a guy called dave working from home and people receiving faulty products. On the other side of the coin i had seen some good feedback too. Anyway i took the gamble, spent just short of £1000 on the lens and panicked afterwards for days. It arrived in one piece, sealed, bubblewrapped. I'm happy with the purchase and i plan on ordering again from there when the next student loan comes in!

4. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Hmmm , I think I'll apply to get on ' The David Beckham Studies ' course , get a grant and blow the lot on Nikon lenses !! [​IMG]

5. alindsay

alindsay Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Two posts, from two first-time posters, both extolling the virtues of a dealer, one of the posts a C&P from a ratings web site which also has only two 5-star ratings from one-time posters. Perhaps I am overly-cynical ...

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I doubt it. That sort of posting puts me off an awful lot more. As a result, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Well I was so impressed I joined up a few years ago and posted few thousand times just so I could tell you all about my experience with Panamoz and believe me. The experience was orgasmic :)

Actually I did buy a camera from them a couple of months ago and they were really good TBH.

8. GandalftheGrey

GandalftheGrey New Member

I have used Panamoz on a couple of occasions the latest when I bought a Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS USM lens for over £600 less than is available through the usual UK channels. As well as the fantastic price their service was excellent. Their site says delivery in 3-6 business days, after three days I had a courier tracking number but there was no up to date tracking information, then I received an unsolicited email apologising for the delay due to stock outages and offering a £10 refund for the inconvenience. Within a few hours the refund was in my bank account and the lens was winging its way to me from Hong Kong which I received 1 week after placing my initial order. How many UK companies will give you a monetary consideration because the item was out of stock for a couple of days? Their service was really impeccable, prices unbeatable and email responses second to none. I cannot fault their service, products or prices, where they guarantee there will be no extra VAT or import duties to be paid and if these are demanded by the delivering courier they will be refunded. This is a result of perhaps a less than truthful customs' declaration, but I figure this is their concern, not mine, as I as a customer am not responsible for the declaration made by the shipper. BUT there may be a knock on effect regarding warranty but Panamoz give a free 3 year warranty with the lenses they supply and I have no reason in view of their excellent sales service that this would not be honoured providing they do not go bust.
    I will certainly use them again, they have a UK address and contact number as well as their HK based office address, where their staff are amazingly efficient. I know we should support our local suppliers but at what cost? especially when the only reasons they can offer not to use the overseas suppliers is to denigrate the competition where clearly their customer service ethic is impeccable and the main reason people use the overseas suppliers is the questionable tax policies of the of the UK government and the fact that the big corporations see the UK as easy pickings for inflated prices.

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Add another one.

Actually this latest makes me a bit cross. I spent the last hour googling away and, although the only way to be sure is to call HMRC, import duty on a camera should be 4.2 % with 20% on top as I read it. https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/9006590000?country=&day=16&month=3&year=2014

and misrepresenting the value on the documentation is certainly asking for trouble.

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Must say I was wary enough before, but all the warning signs are now clear:
    ***AVOID***
    ***AVOID***
    ***AVOID***

11. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Those people saying that the folk passing on their experiences with Panamoz have a low posting count , and we should be wary of them are absolutely correct in what they say , but I found the fellow above on DPREVIEW as ' Geordie 1974 ' who has 33 posts on that Forum . OK , not that many more posts I agree , but even so more than a few on here .

It's a risk that I [ probably ] wouldn't be willing to take unless I had so much money that it didn't matter , but then if I had that much money , I'd go to Jessops ![​IMG]
    Just a joke , I quite like Jessops , they have some good deals now and again , and it was where I bought my D7000 kit which happened to be the cheapest anywhere at the time .

12. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Jessops do seem to have improved since their reincarnation.

BTW, just in case you haven't heard of it yet, CameraPriceBuster is a website that's very helpful in finding the best UK prices for cameras, lenses, and other kit.

Just don't "register" with them, unless you want a continuous supply of spam!

13. speedtalk

speedtalk New Member

I have just bought a Nikon D800e camera. Briliant, bought at 1333 0n 20-3-14 and received 1640 24- 3-14. Brand new no extra charges. Came from Hong Kong. Not sure how the two year warranty will stand up, but should not need it. Cheers Speedtalk.

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yet another person has registered just to punt this company. That's an absolute red flag for me now, wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

AVOID!!!

AVOID!!!

AVOID!!!

15. speedtalk

speedtalk New Member

I am a junior member on this site, but my comments can be trusted. I came to these sites (visited two others as well) beforehand to check out Panamoz because I also can not afford to lose the money and wanted a bargain, the majority backed the company so I went ahead, now trying to assure other potential buyers that the company is safe. You are saying avoid, where is your evidence.

16. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I guy I work with recently bought a new Fuji from them (XT-1 I think he said). He got charge by cutoms but Panamoz refunded this.

17. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Frankly, I don't care. Experience has shown that when people sign up just to punt somewhere, it's more trouble than it's worth. After so many have done just that, nothing on Earth would now convince me that this isn't an extremely questionable enterprise.

18. Millersforest

Millersforest New Member

Re panamoz

Bought a canon g12 saving me about £100. Delivered speedily and haven't had any probs with it.

19. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

^And another one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.