1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone going to Photography Show NEC

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by judders, Jan 22, 2014.

1. judders

judders New Member

Has anyone any experience of going to the NEC to The Photography Show on this years 1st to 4th March.?

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

As this will be the first occasion that the show has been run, nobody has prior experience !

As it includes a Saturday I am hoping to go; the trains are much better organised than on Sundays (previously "Focus on Imaging" when it could take me 4 hours or more to get there but only 2 1/2 to get home), presuming that Network Rail don't decide to cause floods, undertake closures for maintenance etc at short notice.

Was there anything in particular that you wanted to know? Most of the manufacturers/distributors will be there, and so will some large retailers who usually have special show offers that beat anything usually available on-line; a smart phone is handy so that you can check prices at any show with "real world" typical selling prices elsewhere

3. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

If I am back from my travels I am hoping to be there only to catch up with friends though and look at the pictures that hopefully will be hung, they can keep all the rest of it!

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

I thought that was gay marriage. Or UKIP.

Cheers,

R.

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Nope. It's the first time the show has been on. The previous people who ran the show (FOCUS) stopped last year and it looked like there wouldn't be another show.

Luckily though... someone else has stepped in to the breach...

6. IvorETower

Oh dear... just gone to book my ticket on line using a discount code given by one of the large retailers who will be there...
    There is a booking fee of 95p to be added, almost wiping out the discount. Bit of a cheek adding such a fee. Do they want people to book tickets in advance and save on their admin and printing costs, or are they just out to grab money from everyone who is going? Maybe it would be better to pay at the door (can they add an additional fee to such admissions?)
    FOI never charged a booking or admin fee

EDIT: Also, an FOI ticket gave you access to any, or all, days. The 'tog show requires you to name the day that your ticket will be valid for, so to go on multiple days is gonna cost you :(

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Hez

Hez Member

I'm going to the show and I'm really excited:eek:

I've been to the NEC a few times, normally go in Nov to 'Your Horse' and it's always a good turnout.

8. IvorETower

(BUMP)... not long to go now; reminder
    Saturday 1st to Tuesday 4th March; Birmingham NEC

9. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Tuesday for me, all being well.

Did anyone else experience problems/impossibilities on the TPS web-site when trying to book seminar places?

10. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Agree. Was going to book advance ticket for £10 (over 60) instead of £12 but adding admin fee only saving £1.05p. Will now pay on the door. That is if I go. May get up in the morning and hopefully the sun will be shining so out on the bike instead.

Think you should get out more..... :D :D :D

11. jeff1945

jeff1945 In the Stop Bath

No. But I had planned to go on the Monday to see the ARPS panels but they start at 10.00 and the off peak train doesn't get me there before noon. And staying overnight is a bit too expensive when added to travel and admittance costs. Also the thought of using the M6 to get there for kick off is not appealing.

12. IvorETower

Currently on the train on my way home; it was packed out st the NEC with huge queues for those buying entry tickets at the door this morning

13. Daveshamane

Daveshamane Member

14. J H Foto

J H Foto Well-Known Member

I will be there today....Monday

15. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Sun is shining so out on the bike it is...

16. Kingswood

Kingswood New Member

Went to the show today and felt it was a big improvement over the Focus show in terms of lyout of stands and seemed to be a larger area. There were long queues outside when I arrived around 11.30am and the show in general seemed much busier.