1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here remember this lens (?) .... and with current tech :o

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by Done_rundleCams, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

One of the guys at work found this lens up in the attic ...

Oct16-17-AP-Mon-JS048725 copy.jpg

and tried to use by just holding up to a Fuji XT-20

Oct16-17-AP-Mon-JS048731 copy.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Taylor Hobson lenses were the go to lenses for all the great hollywood films.
    Many directors would insist on them.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Did you know that Leitz bought in their first ultrafast lens design from Taylor, Taylor & Hobson? Early versions of the Xenon 50/1.5 were allegedly stamped with "Taylor-Hobson Patent". This page has some details https://www.setadelstudios.com/blog...a-leica-lens-taylor-hobson-summarit-50mm-f1-5

Roger Hicks and Done_rundleCams like this.
  5. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Steve :) and, ironically, we have a Arri-M4/3 adapter, albeit from FotoDiox and not sure if they have a Arri-FX adapter
    with FX= Fuji X ;)

Cheers,

Jack

6. Done_rundleCams

Very cool and thanks, Andrew :) and, ironically, the fellow who was fiddling with combo was / is still a Leica disciple ;)

Cheers,

Jack

7. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

8. Done_rundleCams

Thanks very much, Terry :), and I checked out the supplier that we use, Fotodiox, and they have one :D although, I honestly, think
    if anyone purchases the Arri lens, it would probably be for a Panasonic GH5 or, perhaps, a Sony A7 ?? and, ideally, a Panasonic
    cuz we have the adapter ;)

Cheers,

Jack

9. William Parker

William Parker Well-Known Member

British lenses like this and Cooke are very sort after pieces of glass along with those French Angeliux ( probably incorrectly spelled) lenses. I was watching a YouTube upload recently featuring one of what appears to be many film camera emporiums in Hong Kong and the proprietor was very very enthusiastic about them. Wasn't the Cooke triplet the basis for a good many foreign made lenses?

10. Andrew Flannigan

Because they've been fixed before sale?

11. William Parker

Sorry Andrew, not with you on that one.

12. Andrew Flannigan

Read the quote I took from your posting - especially the underlined word. ;)

13. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

sought after

14. William Parker

Ah yes that, I did notice it after I had uploaded it but I can't see any edit facility. update, just found it but i will leave my typo otherwise nothing will make sense.

15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

you get a short window of time in which to edit your post - a few minutes . After the edit button disappears it is permanent (save for the moderators)

William Parker likes this.
  16. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

17. David Traynor

David Traynor Member

For the sake of clarity, this appears to be a movie camera lens, probably for 16mm. If details of focal length, aperture and any other markings and dimensions could be supplied, it would help identification.

18. Done_rundleCams

Unfortunately, David, I think we sold the lens :eek: but, I'll double check to see if it's still around the shop. :)

Cheers,

Jack