1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody else still have film camera brochures?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by pixelpuffin, Apr 28, 2018.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Was rummaging in the loft today and stumbled upon a dusty sealed storage box.
    Couldn't recall what was hiding inside..so opened it

Jeez, Stuffed full of old film camera brochures, mostly 35mm, but plenty of Mamiya, Bronica not to mention large format cameras too.
    I honestly thought these had been chucked out long ago.

Anybody else still got theirs?

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I have some Mamiya 645 brochures, as well as some for the Contax G series, both cameras I really liked. I couldn't carry the 645 around nowadays anyway. Fujifilm CSCs come quite close to the Contax in concept, light. compact, well built and with excellent prime lenses available.

3. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the contax G series along with all the other contax too.
    It became a habit of mine back then...call in for film, paper etc and grab the latest brochures I didn't have!!
    I've got a folder for each brand - lol

Maybe worth hanging onto??

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Have a look on ebay, sure I've seen some there.

S

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Lots, especially Leica.

Cheers,

R,

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I've found quite a few on line. They're on my iPad as PDFs.

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

More instruction manuals than brochures - though I'm sure I have a few. Must look up the Voigtlander Brillant before I try to load film - it has an automatic counter, and I really need to know how it works first!

Adrian

8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I was at a camera swap meet a few weeks ago and saw a boatload :D Almost picked one up for my MX ;)

Cheers,

Jack

9. Barry Reid

Barry Reid Member

Binned mine from back in the day when I actually bought a camera but I got a few now, Contax and Yashica ones mostly but I do have a couple of Pentax Brochures as well - They came with my recently Nostalgia purchase of an MX.

10. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I've got most of the Minolta ones as I've got most of the Minolta cameras , autofocus and manual focus .

When I'm looking at buying another camera I'll track down the brochure to have a read up on it .
    I prefer that than reading it online .
    So I've got several Canon , Nikon and Contax brochure's too .

11. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I carefully stored my Pentax MX, Pentax 50 mm, Vivitar 19 mm and Tamron 28-200 mm for 7 years after buying a my first Pentax DSLR in 2008, before finally deciding to part-exchange them for a nice used lens. I always thought I might use them again, but the death of Kodachrome made that extremely unlikely. I have also abandoned ever finding a DSLR as simple to use and the MX: the best compromise is my K5 on manual exposure and the default settings of the 2 control dials changed so that the front one controls aperture and the rear one shutter speed.

12. Done_rundleCams

I brought back out my MX last summer and have been using it, fairly, steadily since, Barry, :) ... although, truth be told, more steadily during the better weather ;)

Cheers,

Jack

13. Done_rundleCams

Sounds a wee bit like me, Chester, I had the Vivitar 19 which I scored one of my more "infamous" Vancouver pics and I still have the Pentax/Tamron 28-200 which
    before my "regular" lens for my IST*Ds which I purchased in November 2004 :eek:.

As for a MX equivalent, I really hate to bring another brand into the mix, but, of the current models out there, I'd say the Fuji XT-1, 2, 10 or 20 and pop on the Fuji 35/2 and betwixt the two of them, they have the shutter speed dial and aperture ring :D

Cheers,

Jack

steveandthedogs likes this.
  14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And the Fujis are nice and light and not bloated and overweight like some DSLR's.

S

15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Bloated and overweight can be nice too. :cool:

16. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I have instruction booklets for the following film cameras :
    Canon EOS300, EOS620, Canonet GIII1.7 and a Bauer C3 super eight cine camera

I do not know where the cine camera (Probably the attic) is but I have the rest. The EOS620 was pretty dreadful but the others are very good.

Somewhere I might have a manual for my Bronica but I don't know where

Undocumented: Agfa Silette, 1884 tailboard and various box brownies

17. Done_rundleCams

I resemble that remark :D

Jack

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  18. Barry Reid

Barry Reid Member

My parents are downsizing at the moment and in a box they handed me yesterday I found brochures for the Minox range, the Contax T2 and Leica Minilux. Most interesting was a ‘Contax News’ brochure with a load of G1 and G-series lens reviews.