1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any thoughts on the 6DII relase date?

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by AGW, Apr 22, 2017.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Anyone got any thoughts when Canon might get round to launching the replacement for the 6D..(assuming there will be one!).

I have had a quick look at Canon rumours and they dont seem to have anything..... when is the next international consumer goods exhibition?

Graeme

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

As the owner of a battle scared 6D my wish list for any upgrade features is remarkably short and really confined to some tweaks to video and live view. If the powers that be at Canon agree they will leave well alone.
    Since the dawn of digital I have started getting itchy feet every two years after upgrading but since I got the 6D I have been content - bad news for anon and other manufacturers but good for my bank balance.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

There was a rumour it would be this week, but that proved to be false. Hopefully it will be soon but with current exchange rates I expect it will be a big price hike from the current model which I noticed was being discounted over Easter.

4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I saw that one. I would have thought they might hold for one of the big expositions..? I am seriously thinking about full frame and can no longer find a 5D3 locally. the 5D4 has priced itself out of my market.

Graeme

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Buy used with a warranty? Depends what you want to use it for but there is still a lot of support for the 6D (new or used), the 5Dii and even the 5Di plus the older 1D cameras.

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I have second hand lenses, but I want my bodies new (I dont buy very often).

Graeme

7. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Bugger.

Graeme

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Porquoi bugger?...

9. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I wanted to give it some consideration before I jumped full frame and was getting fed up waiting...at the same time that the last of the 5D3's were going... so i jumped and bought a 5D3. (Having had time to reflect on the specs...I'm not that bothered now).

Graeme

El_Sid and EightBitTony like this.
  10. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Since getting hold of the body... not Elle MacPherson! I have spent some time thinking about the right lens... I suspect it will be the EF 24-105lmk2. But I have not been able to try one.... All the main sources have been out of stock for at least 2 months. I wondered if they were holding them back to bundle with the 6d2 but that does not seem to be the case. Does anyone know if Canon have a serious problem with the supply chain?

Graeme