1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any recommendation for best sunrise scenery location - N Wales

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by mmab, Oct 17, 2013.

1. mmab

mmab Well-Known Member

hi all :)
    I'm going on the Landscape Masterclass in Cheshire at the end of the month and planning on stopping over so I can get some sunrise shots in North Wales the next morning ( and then stalk some Welsh ponies )... so ... anyone have any recommendations on places with great scenery where I'm likely to get some nice shots ? Anywhere I can google and get some idea of where I can park / where the best access is as I don't know the area and will probably be getting dark when I get there.
    cheers

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Re: any recommendation for best sunrise scenery location - N Wa

Snowdonia National Park/ Blanaeu Ffestiniog etc. Anywhere around that area is stunning. Pick a valley, a lake and a couple of mountains.
    Keep away from the coast though as it's west facing, (not too good for sunrises)

3. mmab

mmab Well-Known Member

Re: any recommendation for best sunrise scenery location - N Wa

Cheers - looks like a good start :) just had a quick google and there's some wonderful scenery :)
    Really looking forward to it - just hope the weather doesn't turn too nasty - maybe need to pack a couple of breadbags to put over my camera ! :eek: