1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Pidgin speakers here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SXH, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, the BBC has been thinking about you and...

Steps back and awaits anti-BBC/wasting money rant from the usual suspects... ;)

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Great, just waiting for scouse, Geordie and cockernee speakers to ask for their service:cool:

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I feel it my duty to respond to your prejudices with a well deserved WTF? :cool:

SXH likes this.
  4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Me, prejudiced? Rubbish! Empiricist, possibly... ;)

AIUI, the web page is an off-shoot from the World Service Pidgin service, so a perfectly reasonable sort of thing to do. Though, without wishing to appear prejudiced (or something:oops:), I do wonder what the literacy rate/internet access levels are for pidgin speakers. Google beckons!

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I can't believe that Indian woman divorce husband because dem no get toilet. Astounding.

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

In my very young days I handled a lot of advertising for Reckitt & Colman as was in W Africa. Along with translations into Yoruba, Hausa etc, Pidgin was one of the key languages for Dettol, Disprin, Nugget and Cherry Blossom, Cardinal polish, Reckitts blue bags etc.