1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another what camera to buy thread...

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by M.webb63, Jul 23, 2017.

1. M.webb63

M.webb63 New Member

Hi all, first post on here so I guess hello.

I'm increasingly curious about about the compact system cameras, they look like a great format, nice and lightweight but with great images and versatile too. I'm an amateur photographer and enjoy shooting landscapes, sport (cycling) and some street photography along with general holiday/travel photography.

Anyways, crux of the issue is I'm a little unsure of which Fuji to go for (other brands considered but I quite like the look of the Fuji system). Choices between the XT-10, X-T1 and XT-20 and which lenses offer the most bang for the buck.

Thanks in advance!

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Without looking it up I can't remember if the XT-20 is an XT-2 variant or not. Fuji updated their sensor from 16 to 20 something MP and improved quite a lot of things when they went to the -2 versions. Make sure you test the ELV in less than good light to see if you can get on with it.

The world here is awash with XT-1's. I was thinking of one for a second body but the supply doesn't justify the £550 odd asking price. If buying used from a dealer try to get them to update it to the latest firmware that way you are covered by warranty. I had to send my camera back to Fuji after a problem with an update. There is separate firmware for camera and lens.

The XF lenses are good but are priced accordingly.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I recently bought a Fuji XE2 with version 4 firmware update and the 18-55... 2.8-4, lens from Fuji Refurbished. all for only£450. Which is far less than that lens costs new. A good way to get full guaranteed glass.
    The XT20 is 24.3 mega pixels the others 16 mega pixels which is more than enough for me.

The XT 20 with the same lens refurbished costs £1099.00 and the XT1 £859
    That lens is as good as they get, and rather better than my Canon 17-55 f2.8 (except for the change in maximum aperture of f4 at the long end)

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Cheers,

Jack