1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Edinburgh evening meet - Wed March 28th @ 6pm

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by crymble, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

Get any decent images??? or was the lure of the pub too strong? :D

2. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

I think we've both posted any that we have taken before.

Just remembered that with the extra hour we will have plenty of time with colour in the sky this week.

Andrew - I've had a look at the weather forcast - do you fancy tommorow instead of Wednesday?

K

3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Tomorrow is as good as Wed for me....should we go with that? Did you see sunset the last couple of nights? It's been pretty colourful so here's hoping the weather holds for another day (OK we're doomed now!!).

No other takers out there???

4. crymble

As we may be able to get the sunset why don't we head up Calton hill first, then walk from there to the oldtown.

Can you think of anywhere else good to get the sunset?(remember I have the car so I can drive us somewhere.)

K

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

For general sunsets, try Blackford or Craiglockhart Hills as alternatives - Blackford was always one of my favourites.

6. crymble

Blackford is nice - may head up there depending on how much time we have then. Not been up there for ages.

K

7. Highland_ddmac

I definitely need a rest!!! I seem to have lost a week with my last post. Thought you guys had already gone out!!! :D

I haven't had any time off work for 5 months now....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Have fun when you go out.

8. crymble

No worries. You need some time off!

I think we are actually heading out tonight. Andrew didn't have any objections and I have brought my camera with me today.

K

P.S. Andrew - Where do you want to meet?

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I brought my gear too :) Is the West end still as good a place as any? Where do you think you might get parked? Can meet there if you like.

Getting less foggy as the bus gets closer to town (and sea level) :cool:

10. crymble

I could probably get parked on King Stables road, or could pick you up on the way past (Charlotte Sq?)

Got my new (old) camera today. Looks in pretty good nick, the front of the lens is a little dented but not too bad. It's got a battery, and is loaded with a film..........I dunno what is on the first 6 exposures - but I will find out I guess!

K

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Can do the square no worries...will head along there for 6. I'll have my mobile if you can't see me (have been practicising the invisibility trick ;) )

ps have a bunch of film with me if you wanna ditch the unknown roll and start with something fresh.

12. crymble

Cool - I will meet you HERE as I stop there without worrying about blocking the traffic etc.

I'll try to be there for 6pm and then I can drive and park in the oldtown somewhere.

K

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

See you there...big building with pillars on the west side of the square.

14. crymble

Thats the one - something to do with Register house.

K

15. crymble

Well last night was a bit of a let-down. The weather was pish, misty enough to ruin any chance of a sunset, but not misty enough to make it atmospheric.

Then my 'new' camera seemed to be playing up. After the false starts of having no film (even though the counter was going up...) and setting it to 'B' by accident I managed to work it out, but I'm sure that the meter is dodgy as I was getting some very odd shutter speeds happening.

I need to get out of the habit of looking at the back of the camera after I have taken a picture to see what it looks like. I'll have to finish off this roll and get it processed to see if any of them have come out!

K

P.S. We gave up in the end and went to the pub.......

16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

It was even mistier by the time we left the pub...couldn't see the castle from Princes Street! Hopefully have a few decent shots on the compact....see if I can sort them later.

17. crymble

I noticed that. I think it was just out to annoy us all night!

K

18. Highland_ddmac

Are you sure it was the fog obscuring your view of the castle??? :D :D :D

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Might have been the hoegaarden right enough...cloudy beer for a cloudy night ;)

20. crymble

With the price of the pints we couldn't have too many of them!

K