1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Edinburgh evening meet - Wed March 28th @ 6pm

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by crymble, Mar 19, 2007.

1. crymble

crymble Well-Known Member

We (myself and daft_diker,) are heading out again in just over a week.

We were thinking of heading into the Old town so Grassmarket, Victoria Steet, Cowgate etc.

If anyone wants to join us then you are more than welcome.

K

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Where are we meeting? In front of Ryan's Bar (west end)?

I'll bring a warmer jacket this time!!

3. crymble

I'm always a bit nervous standing outside Ryan's bar after what happened a few years ago......

Maybe the other side of the road outside the Caley?

K

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

???

Outside the Caley is fine...we'd have to cross the road anyway.

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Wasn't it Ryan's bar the stones fell from and killed someone?

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

That happens all over the place AFAIK...I believe there are stats on the number of people killed or injured by falling masonry in towns.

At least if it's fallen down already it's not likely to fall down again...might be one of the safer places to be ;) (Caley is still fine tho)

EDIT

see here ...nowhere is safe :eek:

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yes, but not that often somebody gets killed by it, thankfully.

I remembered that one as I was living in Edinburgh at the time - I decided the safest thing to do was not to leave the bar... ;)

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Safety first always :D

9. crymble

Thats the one. Killed a waitress when part of the roof fell off through the canopy roof below and hit her.

K

10. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

Love to join you again, but time is rather limited at the moment.

A couple of months and I'll be able to come out and play again.

And no...it's not as a result of a custodial!!! Exams/property sale/week in the highlands....etc..

11. Highland_ddmac

Highland_ddmac Well-Known Member

Just bought a battery grip for my 400d from AJ purdy. Ordered it yesterday. Already got it!

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Happy new toy! Good luck with the exams too (work ones?).

Hopefully we'll get out fairly regularly...other places out of town too. Roslin glen is a possibilty soon but there are plenty other places round about for different types of pics....I know I've not been to the coast for ages (for example ;) ).

13. crymble

No other takers then..............

K

P.S. Andrew - I'm not getting a loan of that lens I was talking about. Turns out the person who allegedly had an E-1 was just talking pish.

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

They've still got a week to decide if they are coming ;)

Bummer about the lens...you'll just have to bring a film camera to get a wideangle then :D (or I don't suppose it's something you can hire from the likes of Calumet?...I don't know of anywhere else in town that might hire stuff out so you can try it out)

15. crymble

I'm still looking out for a cheap OM SLR on ebay (though I have noticed recently that they are going up in price again!)

I'll have a look about to see about hiring it - I just don't want to fork out the money until I know it is good enough (or does what I want.)

K

16. crymble

Dicided to go for it - had a quick scan of ebay for 'buy it now' items and found THIS NICE OM-10

It's on it's way to me, and once it arrives I will put the lens back on ebay (I already have the same one as my Dad gave it to me,) and hopefully make some of the money back.

K

17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

It says something about only have shutter speeds between 1 and 1/1000th sec....is one second the longest exposure the OM10 does?

18. crymble

Looking through the manual (google is a wonderful thing!) It does between a 1000th and 1sec on the dial, but it does have a B setting for anything over a sec.

K

P.S. Just need to 'borrow' work's printer when no-one is looking to print a copy of the manual......

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Cool....am guessing a remote release will be needed for bulb? (have never used it on my camera)

20. crymble

I'm guessing I will. Either that or I will have to keep my finger on the button!

I'm sure I could make one up from an old bike brake cable....

K