1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

andreacarroll.co.uk

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Andreacarroll, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Andrea, I am new here and have also just finished my website recently (well its a work in progress).
    It would be great if you could let me know how you like it or if anything needs changing or anything at all really!

www.andreacarroll.co.uk

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Adverts.............I'll say no more!

3. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

i know the adverts arent great, but i need to try and raise some funds to at least cover the costs of the website. Im poor you see.

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

You're poor, aren't we all? ;)

5. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

haha very true, :)

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Weebly are OK for a free website. No adverts, just a small weebly logo at the bottom of the page. You can drop the weebly name from the address for around £20 a year.

7. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

I had a look at a few website builders, Im not great with interweb technology, and found wix to be the best one for myself, 30 quid a year for an easy site to maintain. .... yes I am that skint!! haha all of my amazing £100 pound a week wage goes towards bills and the ultimate Machu picchu trip next year :/

8. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

considering you can buy space for £20 a year that will come with WP installed theres really nothing to consider and you won't have those annoying banners coming up - if you were able to put that site online using a site builder a blog will be easy to use

9. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

....... ok, so apart from the adds, how does it look? (pretend they never existed)

10. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

ignoring the ads which is really hard especially when looking at your galleries the site looks good -

the only thing I would add is that I was frustrated that I could not click for larger images as the gallery ones are quite small and a better way forward would be to use lightbox to offer much bigger images

11. Andreacarroll

Andreacarroll Member

Thanks for the feedback on that one, Ill get on that :)