1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An elephant photo required

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Aleik, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Aleik

Aleik Member

Hi,

I had no idea where to post this - I imagine not too many requests like this come about.

I'm an aspiring pencil artist, currently completing a series of animal drawings to be put to print. Does anyone know how I'd go about obtaining a good quality photo of an elephant for commercial use?

I take all my own photos but it's the only one I'm missing. If anyone here has one and is willing to share, that'd be wonderful. I would, of course, credit the photographer accordingly for the subject matter in publishing the drawing and print.

Here's my site if you're interested: www.alexflemingart.com.

Thanks for your time!

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

No doubt a Google image search would be of help.

However, be careful of copying photographs. iirc there are copyright issues and people have come to grief before now.

3. Aleik

Aleik Member

Thanks. The image rights thing is a minefield I never want to step on, my cousin fell foul of all that once, so I'd never do anything without permission. That's why I came here, really, just to see if anyone were willing.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

try a picture library - that is what they are there for!

5. Aleik

Aleik Member

Forgive my ignorance - what's a picture library? Somewhere on the net with stock images?

6. Aleik

Aleik Member

I've just done exactly what you said and there are plenty. Thanks! (My only experience of stock images was years ago - very limited in number and usually with a watermark of some kind.)

7. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

The watermark is there to try and stop you helping yourself, without payment.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...