1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dangie, Nov 6, 2017.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

more than your average keyboard...probably.
    Might be better with voice activated software....

peterba likes this.
  2. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

some Forums using Xenforo software use many buttons.

AP seem to only use the very basic setup.

[​IMG]buttons by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I had never heard of the word 'deloped' before. I will try to remember it just in case, unlikely as it might seem, it comes in handy. My initial assumption as to its definition was considerably off the mark by the way, imagining a couple slinking back home from (for instance) Gretna Green, having changed their minds about eloping at the last.

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Well, it's not a word you need often. Can't remember the last time I used it.

Cheers,

R.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Just had a sudden thought of someone deloping, but being such a bad shot they killed their opponent.

S

peterba likes this.
  6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Didn't someone mention the Irish Fusilier's defence recently - "I'm not guilty of killing the corporal because I was aiming at the sergeant". ;)

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've read that the US air force 'forgot' to notify the relevant authorities of the felony, which resulted in the perp not being barred from owning guns. Had they done their job properly there's a good chance those folk wouldn't be dead.

8. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

Trump has a diet coke button....

9. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

It is not a word I have come across before, but it happened twice yesterday, firstly in your post, and then subsequently last night when reading a rather old book about My Lord the Duke of Wellington's years as Prime Minister. It seems that at one point he was obliged to seek gentlemanly satisfaction from another parliamentarian. When the order to fire was given, the other gentleman held his pistol by his side pointing downwards, whereupon M' Lord deloped, and honour was deemed to be satisfied.

The word is now added to my spill chicken.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Mine's a spoil charter

11. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I use a spill chucker.

Reminds me of -
    The inventor of predictive text has died; His funfair will be hello on Sundial.

dream_police likes this.
  12. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

The funeral of the man who invented the USB stick was held today. His coffin was lowered into the grave, lifted out, turned around and then lowered in again.

Cheers, Jeff

Roger Hicks likes this.
  13. Andrew Flannigan

Although supposed to carry 100 kilogrammes it had an actual capacity of 25.

14. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Sometimes the highlight of my working day is inserting a USB stick correctly the first time.

Cheers, Jeff

15. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

then you should try the other way first....

AndyTake2 likes this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

This is absolutely true. A purchasing department at a place I once worked made a large purchase of new laptops. To go with them they ordered a batch of large capacity USB sticks to be used for backing up data. These were screen printed with the company name and contact number. On the other side of the stick was printed "this way up".... You've long sinced guessed it. Took me a few weeks to get used to colleagues asking me for a "USD" :confused:

17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Hasn't the NRA recently successfully made it possible for people with mental health issues to own a weapon? (Presumably, so Trump can own one?) :rolleyes: