1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Amazon Service

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Grierson, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

It never ceases to amaze the standard of service you get from Amazon. Books, a Dyson, photographic bits and pieces always arrive when the copious e-mails say they will arrive. My Plustek 7200 scanner has just died after 10 months use. Sharp intake of breath and an expected battle to get it repaired? Not a bit of it. They just sent me another one with only the requirement that the faulty one was returned within 30 days. Cost of return carriage was £0.00 and they sent an e-mail to say that they had received the faulty one back. I know that this sounds like a 'promo' for Amazon (I have no connection with them) but credit where credit is due. Nice to see in this day and age. John

2. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

I agree. Amazon seem to have a well-sorted act. Others too are getting the hang of e-business and places like MyMemory are pretty responsive and 7dayshop are far better than what they used to be.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

By a strange quirk of fate, I've just placed orders with both Amazon and 7dayshop. :)

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Agreed, Ive only had a faulty item once and when I reported it they send me a new one immediately just asking for the old one to be sent back at no cost.