1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amateur Photographer needs you, your mobile snaps and your masterworks

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Re: Amateur Photographer needs you, your mobile snaps and your masterw

Pretty much all of us carry a mobile phone. I do not always carry a camera. If I see something worthy of a shot, my phone is the only option. So I would like to know which phone has the best camera. I do not expect it to be earth shattering, but to give a reasonable reproduction of what I had taken. This new sction may give some insight into what is available.

One day perhaps, we will have dslr's with a telephone built in, so we can Email directly from the camera. A touch sensitive rear screen like my Ipaq could display the phone keypad, no need for extra buttons on the body.

It's just a thought.

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Camera phones

Three of the best camera phones that are free on monthly contracts are Reviewed here

Chris

3. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Re: Camera phones

While we know that pixie counts aren't always a good pointer, I hear that there's an 8MP Samsung camera/phone.

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

8mp on the UK market? Didn't they have a 10mp pre production one with interchangeable lenses in Japan or somewhere last year?

Wonder if you could fit all the lenses and accesories in a matchbox instead of a rucksack? Would be pretty cool!

5. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's on the UK market yet. Google SPH-V8200 and you'll see a little more about it. Personally. I use a camera for pics, a phone for calls and a 'puter for t'interweb.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Posh boy eh ;) You can get free phones that do all 3 but I also prefer the seperate route (bit like hifi).

But if I could only take one gadget with me it would be the phone...convienece over quality wins for me there. The lack of computer games on cameras also does them no favours :(

Did you see that game where is uses the camera on a phone so you can point it at people walking about and shoot them on the screen :cool:

7. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Not really into computer games - but for that I have a PS (1 & 2)! My phone has a camera on it but I can't find the software to get it onto the 'puter from the phone, although I have a lead for it. (Motorola L6)

8. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I had a Motorolla A100 as my last phone and found the computer stuff for that was pretty hopeless. It was easier to transfer using bluetooth or memory card.

I should submit a picture off of that A1000 as the camera is a bit broke...it looks like a spectrum loading until you squeeze it or dunt it off something hard(one too many bike crashes I think :eek: ) Usually when it does work the screen is split into 4 with a different bit of the view in each section...take the pic and it joins them all up...Great fun

9. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

I would contribute a picture taken with my phone but if I take the plug out of the wall will it still work?

Garry

10. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a photo from a phone camera on a Christmas card, a fellow enthusiast looked at it and said, "whats worse is he probably got payed for it"!

11. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Yes, but it may flood your house.

12. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or perhaps I'm just an old f**t, but all this seems a bit like a computer magazine devoting space to electronic calculators - they both crunch numbers but ...

13. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Yep, you're just an old f**t Chris... :rolleyes: :)

14. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

OK :D

15. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Just be thankful that your title is still "Old hand" ROFL

16. TheFatControlleR

Mind you, I think you're on the right track Chris, I suspect all that this converging technology will provide is a piece of kit that's a 'jack of all trades'...

17. TheFatControlleR

I have been tempted by a few comments from various members on the forum of late, but I couldn't do that to Chris. :cool:

18. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I was really tempted to change one in the last few days - but as the user in question was already described as a "member" I didn't need to bother! :D

19. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Not the only one. Phones are for making phone calls ( I don't even do text messages), cameras are for taking pictures; and never the twain shall meet.

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

My camera and phone are close friends...they share bodily fluid sometimes :eek: In the shape of a SD card ;)

I could take a pic on the compact and email it onto Flickr in minutes...phones are handy for more than just calls if you want them to be.