1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amateur Photographer needs you, your mobile snaps and your masterworks

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

The new-look AP, on sale from next Tuesday (April 24, in case you weren't sure) needs your input for a range of new features.
    We need you to come out with us On Assignment, your masterworks for our Gallery, the ones that didn't quite work for Garry McNamara's Critical Eye and your mobile phone snaps for Snapper's Diary.

Go to AP News Pages for the full story

damien demolder

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Can we only use mobile phones for snappers diary or is it OK to use any camera to hand? I usually take snaps on a compact but I chiseled the crud off my phone 'lens' and took a snap with that to send in.

3. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Are you serious Damien? Us use mobile phones for snaps? We're keen photographers - that's why we're here. Next you will be reviewing mobile phones. ;)

4. Damien_Demolder

Re: Amateur Photographer needs you, your mobile snaps and your masterw

Snap out of it David. :eek:

Iz not wot you got, iz ow you use it. Init?

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

There is no place in this day and age for cameraism ;) mobile snaps it is :cool:

6. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Nice to see that our new editor iz down wi' da kidz, innit? So you fink you iz an Essex boy, yeh? So where iz your manor?

7. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Everytime I hear that accent I can do nothing but laugh as all I hear is Marcus Brigstocke's voice from the Now Show. :D

8. Damien_Demolder

yeh mate, down na Brainnerys where is at, ah? no wot i meeeen%!?*

9. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Braintree?

10. Damien_Demolder

It's no laughing matter where I live. I have no problem understanding the German, Korean and Japanese gentlemen we get to meet at product launches, but the kids in our town are unintelligible. They all wear their trousers round their knees too.

dazza.

11. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

*tongue firmly in cheek*

Oh Dear.

I do hope that this kind of talk will never make into such a well established magazine such as "Amateur Photographer".

One would never be able to purchase such an item.

I know the forums are open to the public, but do we need this type of riff-raff speak in here?

12. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Quite right, Fen.

I don't think AP should employ anyone to write for them who doesn't have several hyphens in their surname, one contituent of which MUST have a pronunciation very different to how it is spelled.

Clive Featherstonehaugh-Menzies-Cholmondeley

13. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot to say, the new AP arrived today and I'm very impresssed. The only thing I couldn't figure out is why in comparing the D200 with the Fuji S5 did they say the winner was the Canon 5D? (especially when it costs twice as nuch as the others)

Clive Twystleton-Wyckeham- Phiennes :D

14. robert1ho

robert1ho Active Member

I see that AP have abandoned the old style Reader's Portfolio with payment of £50-00 per page in favour of the new style Reader Gallery with only one payment for Editor's choice and a MUG for the others. Really - are our "masterpieces" only worth a mug :D Or have I misinterpreted the small print?
    Robert
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7594597@N06/

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

How can you test a non-Canon SLR without mentioning Canon do a better one? ;)

It'll be for the newbies that don't already know /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

There's more of an explanation from DD in one of the other threads about the changes...

17. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought!

18. Clodhopper

Clodhopper Well-Known Member

Mobile phone snaps in AP?!

Whatever is the world coming to?

We're all doomed... :(

19. phil

phil Well-Known Member

I'm with Damien on the phone issue.

My phone has as many pixels as my sony compact, its always with me, its always got a full battery and it ain't bust!!!

Two years old and its knackered - can I say knackered or is knackered a no-no. Better not say knackered..

Me camera's bust. and I've hardly used it!

And if you ever have a car crash you'll be glad you had your mobile's camera with you when it comes to establishing blame in court!!! Plus I can msm my images to anyone or anywhere!

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

My phone's got VGA resolution. It's a fantastic artistic tool as a result - nearly as good as a Disk camera in terms of lovely soft, noisy images that are highly Impressionistic.