1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to Lightroom and Photoshop

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Michael B, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I tried opening both DNG format RAW files (as produced by my Pentax DSLR) and JPG files, and tried to do the basic things I would often do in Photoshop Elements 7. The interface, and its complexity, was very frustrating (Personae?).

What I really wanted to try was the automated removal of green/mauve colour fringes on high contrast areas of the image, and on the one occasion when I got this to work the results did not appear any better than I can do 'manually' in PE7 by selecting specific areas of the image and using 'replace colour', although it takes a little longer to do. I also tried to correct a distorted image (sloping horizon and converging verticals), which takes a few moments to do in PE7, and never managed to make it work.

The free trial period is now over, and I have uninstalled the Affinity software. Thank you for you help: this is a clear example of having a friend who is already familiar with the software and can show you some things would be really helpful, since Affinity can't be bothered to produce a user manual.