1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aircraft Photography

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by RovingMike, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I know a lot of posters in Appraisals are keen on airshows and there is some frustration about the difficulty of getting good shots on the ground, or in museums. Recently came across Neil Atterbury, who seems to excel even in cluttered ground environments: http://www.fourelements.photography/p95818513#h5da6c26

2. andymcd

andymcd Well-Known Member

My airshow attempts (not for a few years) have been awful at best - these are stunning. Thanks for posting.

I think these also prove the point you mentioned previously about having an eye for a picture first - the one of the Vulcan with the puddle reflection is superb.

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about some of the processing, feel he needs to back off the sliders a little sometimes, but it is quite obvious that he has a superb eye and a real feel for what makes an image - not just a piccy of an aeroplane, but the whole thing.

The image of "Just Jane" and the ghostly figures had me welling up.

Adrian
    (big softy)

Geren likes this.
  4. Dan Spencer

Dan Spencer Member

wow, they are stunning. They really put mine from RIAT and Bruntingthorpe to shame!