1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airbrushed ads banned

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Roger_Provins, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Cosmetic adverts featuring airbrushed images of actress Julia Roberts and model Christy Turlington have been banned by the advertising watchdog.[/FONT]

2. filmlover

filmlover Well-Known Member

Can't quite see why, when the computer equivalent of "airbrushing" is nowdays the norm in magazines and newspapers, particularly on the women's pages/beauty/fashion etc.

3. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Because the advert said the differences were down to the product being advertised, when in fact the make up played a minor part in comparison to the airbushing.

It's like saying my Ferrari goes faster than your Micra because of the brand of tyres, when in fact it's down to the Ferrari having a much more powerful engine.

4. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

Rather ironic as cosmetics are "meat space" airbrushing.

5. Camramadbob

Camramadbob Member

Some of my girl models have very good skin complections. Does this mean i have to keep and library of spots and boils to make the images look original???:rolleyes:

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

No. You are just very very lucky. Enjoy your good fortune. Incidently the Google spell checker only got 'complections' right as a fifth choice.